Digital Array Microphone Market: Introduction
- A microphone is an electronic device that converts acoustic vibrations into electrical signals. The digital array microphone (also known as array microphone) works like a simple microphone but holds multiple microphones to record sound. The digital array microphone has two operating modes: phone mode and recognition mode. Phone mode is designed majorly for hands-free phone use. It offers a directional microphone feature that is highly resistant to wind. The recognition mode is designed to improve the accuracy of speech recognition especially in high-level noise environments
Digital Array Microphone Market: Dynamics
Rising demand for advanced speech recognition technology
- In automatic speech recognition, the speech is recorded using close talking handset microphones or from telephone handsets. The increasing focus is on distant speech recognition in which the speech is captured by the multi-district microphone, majorly in an array configuration. Hence, the demand for distant speech recognition has increased owing to the increasing trend of virtual conferencing and seminars.
To understand how our report can bring the difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America expected to hold a major share in the global digital array microphone market
- Based on region, the digital array microphone market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant position in the global digital array microphone market in 2018 followed by Europe and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the digital array microphone market in this region. The high penetration of advanced technology such as smart speakers and the presence of early adoption trends have provided the dominant position to the region in the global market.
- The digital array microphone market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the digital array microphone market in the region. The widespread manufacturing of automotive vehicles in the countries of Asia Pacific and increasing demand for advance technology majorly in passenger cars have accelerated the market in this region. For instance, according to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, sales of passenger cars in China stood at 23,709.9 thousand units in 2018, up from 21,210.3 thousand units in 2017.
Automotive sector expected to expand with the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- Based on end-user, the digital array microphone market is segmented into automotive, military, and other industries. The automotive segment is expected to expand with the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The rising integration of mobile hands free features in vehicles is one of the key factors which drives the demand for digital array microphones in the automotive industry. Digital array microphones help to reduce environmental noise and increase speech recognition accuracy. Besides, the increasing sales of passenger cars with advance infotainment technologies have also accelerated the market in this segment. According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, sales of passenger cars globally stood at 68,690.5 thousand units in 2018, up from 66,314.2 thousand units in 2015.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key players operating in the global digital array microphone market
- Some of the key players in the global digital array microphone market are listed below:
- XMOS Ltd
- Shure Incorporated.
- Acoustic Magic
- ClearOne Inc.
- Andrea Electronics
- GRAS Sound & Vibration A/S
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
- Polycom, Inc.
- TOA Corporation
- Phoenix Audio Technologies
- Transtron Inc
Figure: Global digital array microphone market, by competitive landscape
Global digital array microphone market: research scope
Global digital array microphone market, by end-user
- Other Industries
Figure: Global digital array microphone market, by end-user
Global digital array microphone market, by region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global digital array microphone market, by region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.