Digestive Health Supplements Market: Introduction
- Digestive system comprises the esophagus, stomach, and intestines - the major organs that help to digest food and provide necessary nutrition to the body
- Good digestive health is important, as it affects one’s mind and body. Intake of proper foods with proteins, vitamins, and nutrients keeps the gut healthy and supplies energy to entire body.
- Digestive health supplements include prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes. Prebiotics help to digest food, provide vitamins to the body, and eliminate toxins. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), vitamins A, B, C, and D are quite important for digestion and one can increase their intake by following a balanced diet. Vitamin B is found in fish, poultry, meat, leafy greens & beans, and dairy products. It helps the formation of red blood cells (RBCs) .
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Digestive Health Supplements Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Digestive Health Supplements Market
- The global digestive health supplements market is primarily driven by increase in awareness about healthy diet & its effect on weight, surge in number of weight management programs, and rise in prevalence of digestive disorders
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic and highly prevalent disorder, with age as one of the major risk factors. The prevalence of GERD is higher in women than men.
- Furthermore, changing lifestyle, lack of physical activity, and increase in the number of health centers are factors likely to boost the growth of the global digestive health supplements market
Probiotics Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on product, the global digestive health supplements market can be classified into probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and others
- The probiotics segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to increase in health concerns among adults, rise in demand for probiotics, and wide range of probiotics available in the market. Moreover, distribution & marketing efforts by manufacturers and increase in demand for probiotics for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) boost the growth of the segment.
OTC Segment to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- Based on type, the global digestive health supplements market can be bifurcated into over-the-counter (OTC) and prescribed
- The OTC segment is expected to gain market share by 2027 owing to easy availability of OTC digestive health supplements, increase in popularity of food supplements, and rise in number of customers buying digestive health supplements
E-commerce Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global digestive health supplements market can be categorized into supermarkets/hypermarkets/food stores, drug stores & pharmacies, convenience stores, e-commerce, and others
- Rise in awareness about buying digestive supplements through online stores, increase in customer preference, and high penetration of digestive supplements in medical foods are likely to fuel the growth of the e-commerce segment
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Digestive Health Supplements Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global digestive health supplements market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global digestive health supplements market during the forecast period.
- High demand for functional foods, increased participation of youth in body building, fitness, and sports; innovations in probiotic & prebiotic formulations, and rising emphasis on the role of digestive supplements on immunity and overall wellness are various factors likely to support the growth of the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global digestive health supplements market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global digestive health supplements market are:
- NOW Foods
- Royal DSM
- Alimentary Health Limited
- Procter & Gamble
- Nutrica NV
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market: Research Scope
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Product
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Type
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Dosage Form
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets/Hypermarkets/Food Stores
- Drug Stores & Pharmacies
- Convenience Stores
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.