Digestive Health Supplements Market: Introduction
- Digestive system comprises the esophagus, stomach, and intestines - the major organs that help to digest food and provide necessary nutrition to the body
- Good digestive health is important, as it affects one’s mind and body. Intake of proper foods with proteins, vitamins, and nutrients keeps the gut healthy and supplies energy to entire body.
- Digestive health supplements include prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes. Prebiotics help to digest food, provide vitamins to the body, and eliminate toxins. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), vitamins A, B, C, and D are quite important for digestion and one can increase their intake by following a balanced diet. Vitamin B is found in fish, poultry, meat, leafy greens & beans, and dairy products. It helps the formation of red blood cells (RBCs) .
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Digestive Health Supplements Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Digestive Health Supplements Market
- The global digestive health supplements market is primarily driven by increase in awareness about healthy diet & its effect on weight, surge in number of weight management programs, and rise in prevalence of digestive disorders
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic and highly prevalent disorder, with age as one of the major risk factors. The prevalence of GERD is higher in women than men.
- Furthermore, changing lifestyle, lack of physical activity, and increase in the number of health centers are factors likely to boost the growth of the global digestive health supplements market
Probiotics Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on product, the global digestive health supplements market can be classified into probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and others
- The probiotics segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to increase in health concerns among adults, rise in demand for probiotics, and wide range of probiotics available in the market. Moreover, distribution & marketing efforts by manufacturers and increase in demand for probiotics for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) boost the growth of the segment.
OTC Segment to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- Based on type, the global digestive health supplements market can be bifurcated into over-the-counter (OTC) and prescribed
- The OTC segment is expected to gain market share by 2027 owing to easy availability of OTC digestive health supplements, increase in popularity of food supplements, and rise in number of customers buying digestive health supplements
E-commerce Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global digestive health supplements market can be categorized into supermarkets/hypermarkets/food stores, drug stores & pharmacies, convenience stores, e-commerce, and others
- Rise in awareness about buying digestive supplements through online stores, increase in customer preference, and high penetration of digestive supplements in medical foods are likely to fuel the growth of the e-commerce segment
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Digestive Health Supplements Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global digestive health supplements market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global digestive health supplements market during the forecast period.
- High demand for functional foods, increased participation of youth in body building, fitness, and sports; innovations in probiotic & prebiotic formulations, and rising emphasis on the role of digestive supplements on immunity and overall wellness are various factors likely to support the growth of the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global digestive health supplements market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global digestive health supplements market are:
- NOW Foods
- Royal DSM
- Alimentary Health Limited
- Procter & Gamble
- Nutrica NV
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market: Research Scope
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Product
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Type
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Dosage Form
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets/Hypermarkets/Food Stores
- Drug Stores & Pharmacies
- Convenience Stores
Global Digestive Health Supplements Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.