Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate: Introduction
- Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate (2-(2-Butoxyethoxy) ethanol) is an absorbent consisting of high boiling point. It helps improve the co2 solubility, as it is rich in carbonyl and ether groups. Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate is produced by the reaction of ethylene oxide and n-butanol with an alkalic catalyst.
- Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate is a high boiling glycol ether acetate that is used as a solvent in oil, resins, and printing ink industries owing to its high stability. It is also used as selective solvent in separation of alcohols and ketones by distillation. Rise in demand for printing inks is anticipated to positively impact the diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market in the near future.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market
- The diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market has been developing significantly of late. This can be primarily ascribed to the high performance and increasing recognition of diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate as a solvent across the globe. Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate plays an important role in addressing several issues associated with co2 solubility and stability under fire conditions. Rise in usage of diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate in commercial printing inks and as process solvent is expected to propel the diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market during the forecast period.
- Growth in demand for industrial coatings is anticipated to create significant opportunities for the diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market. Rise in industrialization across the globe is a key factor that is driving the industrial coatings market. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the global demand for diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate during the forecast period.
Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market can be segmented into detergents & cleaners, inks, chemical intermediates, surface coatings, and others
- The inks segment is expected to account for significant share of the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the surface coatings segment.
- The detergents & cleaners segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the expansion of the household care industry around the globe
Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market can be divided into paints, medical, chemical, electronics, and others
- The paints segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the chemical segment.
Covid-19 Impact on Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is projected to hamper the diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market.
North America to Dominate Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market
- In terms of region, the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period owing to the high consumption of diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate, especially in the U.S. The diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in demand for industrial chemicals in Germany and France.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market
The global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate market include:
- BASF SE
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Huntsman International LLC.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Jiangsu Dynamic Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tedia Solvents
- SHINKO ORGANIC CHEMICAL INDUSTRY LTD.
- Shell Chemicals
- Eastman Chemical Company
Global Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market: Research Scope
Global Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market, by Application
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Chemical Intermediates
- Surface Coatings
Global Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market, by End-use
Global Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Acetate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.