Diethylene Glycol Market: Overview
- Diethylene glycol is an organic, colorless, almost odorless, and poisonous chemical compound. It is synthesized through the partial hydrolysis of ethylene oxide. Diethylene glycol is hygroscopic liquid with a sweetish taste that is mixable in water, alcohol, ether, acetone, and ethylene glycol.
- Diethylene glycol is extensively used as a solvent for resins, paint pigments, oils, textile dyes, and printing. It is used as raw material in manufacture of plasticizers, thermoplastic polyurethanes, and polyester resins. Diethylene glycol is also significantly employed as a humectant in paper & pulp, tobacco manufacturing, leather processing, and printing inks applications.
- Ethylene glycol (MEG) and triethylene glycol are used to produce diethylene glycol as a co-product in the chemical process. Diethylene glycol is listed in the Inventory of Cosmetic Ingredients (EC) as solvent and viscosity controller in perfume and aromatic raw materials.
- Key applications of diethylene glycol include plasticizer, solvent, polyester resin, chemical intermediate, and personal care
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Diethylene Glycol Market report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Diethylene Glycol Market
- Diethylene glycol is used as a raw material in the production of plasticizers for paper, cork, and synthetic sponges. This is expected to drive the global diethylene glycol market during the forecast period.
- Diethylene glycol is employed as plasticizer in the plastics industry. Demand for Diethylene glycol is rising in the plastics industry owing to the increase in use of plastic products. This is anticipated to fuel the demand for diethylene glycol during the forecast period.
- Diethylene glycol is also used as chemical intermediate for products such as polyester resins and polyurethanes. Therefore, demand for diethylene glycol is high in the chemical industry. This is estimated to boost the global diethylene glycol market in the next few years. However, diethylene glycol is a poisonous chemical compound. Therefore, regulatory bodies have enacted stringent regulations on the usage of diethylene glycol. This is projected to hamper the global diethylene glycol market during the forecast period.
Diethylene Glycol: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global diethylene glycol market can be segmented into plasticizer, solvent, polyester resin, chemical intermediate, personal care, and others
- Diethylene glycol is used as a raw material in the manufacture of plasticizers and polyester resins. It is used as a solvent for textile dyes, paint pigments, resins, oils, and printing. It is also employed as a chemical intermediate for products such as polyurethanes. Many personal care and cosmetics products such as skin creams, lotions, toothpastes, and deodorants are made using diethylene glycol.
- The plasticizer segment is expected to hold significant share of the global diethylene glycol market in the near future
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Diethylene Glycol Market
- In terms of region, the global diethylene glycol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The diethylene glycol market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a faster pace compared to that in other regions primarily due to the high demand for diethylene glycol in major end-user industries such as paints & coatings, chemicals, and building & construction. Developing countries in the region, such as India, China, and South Korea, are the major markets for diethylene glycol. Construction activities are increasing in these countries against the backdrop of rapid industrialization and urbanization.
- Europe and North America are the other key regions of the global diethylene glycol market. Europe is anticipated to be a major region of the global diethylene glycol market after Asia Pacific due to the significant demand for diethylene glycol in textile dyes and automotive industries.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Diethylene Glycol Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Diethylene Glycol Market
The global diethylene glycol market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global diethylene glycol market include:
- Reliance Group
- Indian Oil
- Formosa Plastic Group
- Nippon Shokubai
- Huntsman International LLC
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- DowDuPont Inc
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
- India Glycols Limited
- The Kuwait Olefins Co
Global Diethylene Glycol Market: Research Scope
Global Diethylene Glycol Market, by End-use
- Building & Construction
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Paints & Coatings
Global Diethylene Glycol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.