Global Dietary Supplements Market: Overview
The global dietary supplements market has been raking high CAGR around the world thanks to the demand for better nutritional value in daily diet. The US FDA has defined dietary supplements as products containing ‘dietary’ ingredient enabling better ingestion. While some of the dietary supplements are aimed at lowering the risk of chronic ailments, others are meant to improve nutritional value in daily diet. The composition of dietary supplements therefore differs based on targeted consumer age, but large remains at improving the overall health. As consumers around the world become more aware about the benefits offered by dietary supplements, they are expected to demand more for the same, thus helping the market gain momentum.
In terms of age, the global dietary supplements market can be segmented into elderly persons, adults, infants, and pregnant women. By type, the market can be classified as herbals or botanics, amino acids, enzymes, mineral, vitamins, and others. The key regional segments of the market are Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
The report presents a detailed assessment of the various factors influencing the market’s trajectory into 2014 and 2020. It covers the crucial information pertaining to the leading companies operating in the global dietary supplements market. Besides highlighting the product offerings, the report also calculates revenue generated over period and their position in the market.
Global Dietary Supplements Market: Drivers and Key Segments
The growth exhibited by the global dietary supplements market is a result of various factors such as the developing economies and subsequently increasing income of consumers, rising awareness about nutrition, hectic lifestyle, increasing geriatric population, and spread of chronic ailments. These factors have been helping the market gain much traction around the world.
Most dietary requirements of humans can be segmented into the following categories: Proactive or preventive (age-related, weight management, and infant nutrition), clinical (nutrigenomics, medical food, and others), and lifestyle (energy and vitality, beauty, and wellbeing). Besides this, the market is also segmented based on age, with each segment exhibiting unique dietary requirements.
Another crucial aspect determining the marketing initiatives and product development strategies in the market is the regional segmentation. Furthermore, the global dietary supplement market can be classified based on types and forms. In terms of form, the key segments of the market are soft gels, gel capsules, liquid capsules, tablets, and powders.
Global Dietary Supplements Market: Regional Outlook
Besides witnessing lucrative opportunities across developed economies, prevailing opportunities will help the market spawn into a profitable industry in emerging regions such as Latin America and Asia Pacific. The presence of large consumer base and unmet medical needs in these regions, provide the leading players with lucrative opportunities to capitalize on in the forthcoming years. Currently, India, China, and the US have emerged as the leading markets for dietary supplements.
Global Dietary Supplements Market: Vendor Landscape
To present a detailed analysis of the prevailing vendor landscape, the report profiles some of the leading players operating in the market. The analysis is intended to gauge the impact of marketing and sales strategies adopted by the companies. In addition SWOT analysis is also conducted on companies profiled such as Abbott Nutrition, Advocare International, BASF Corporation, Herbalife Ltd, Chemi Nutra, Bayer Healthcare LLC, Amway, Biosyntrx, Inc., HORN Nutraceuticals, NBTY Inc, Novartis AG, A1 Supplements, Enzymotec USA, The vitamin Shoppe, NOW Foods, General Nutrition Companies, Omega Protein, and Pro Health.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.