Diclofenac Market: Introduction
- Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is used as a therapeutic for pain, joint or muscle stiffness caused by arthritis and swelling. It is available in the form of tablets, capsules, eye drops, gels, and patches, which is available only on prescription only. It is sold under various brands such as Voltaren, Solaraze, and Arthrotec.
- Diclofenac is prescribed to minimize moderate pain, stiffness, inflammation, and swelling. Rising incidences of respiratory and autoimmune disorders coupled with an increase in adoption of anti-inflammatory drugs is a key factor boosting the global diclofenac market. Increase in awareness regarding anti-inflammatory drugs along with a rise in research & development activities is projected to propel the diclofenac market during the forecast period.
- The diclofenac market can be segmented based on indication, route of administration, end–user, and region. Basedon indication, the market can be segregated into osteoarthritis, dysmenorrhea, ankylosing spondylitis, migraine, rheumatoid arthritis, and pain. Based on end-user, the market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, pharmacies, and clinics. In terms of route of administration, the diclofenac market can be split into oral, parenteral, ophthalmic, and tropical.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Diclofenac Market
- Increase in number of geriatric patients worldwide is a key factor boosting the global diclofenac market. As per the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, around 65 million people in the U.S. suffer from inflammatory disorders. Hence, the number of people suffering from the osteoarthritis and dysmenorrhea disorders is estimated to rise, due to an increase in the geriatric population, during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness regarding anti-inflammatory medication among the patients is projected to further fuel the diclofenac market. However, technological expansion in the healthcare industry has fueled the adoption of various minimally invasive surgical procedures for anti-inflammatory medication. Rising consciousness about treatment in both developing and developed economies and inclination toward preventive healthcare over partnerships & acquisitions in research are further boosting the diclofenac market.
- Diclofenac medicines led to various side-effects or adverse drug reactions including abdominal bloating, constipation, cloudy urine, and belching, which is estimated to restrain the global diclofenac market. Moreover, stringent regulatory scenario of these drugs is also anticipated to hinder the global diclofenac market. Additionally, rising research & development on alternative anti-inflammatory drugs and untoward effects are key factors that hamper the global diclofenac market.
Asia Pacific to Capture Major Share of Global Diclofenac Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global diclofenac market due to sturdy healthcare infrastructure coupled with major focus on the design of novel devices as well as enhanced diagnosis among patients. Commendatory reimbursements policies and presence of major players in the region are further boosting the diclofenac market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for the second-largest share of the global diclofenac market during the forecast period. The market in the region is likely to expand at a significant CAGR from 2020 to 2030 due to an increase in cases of inflammation disorders and rise in healthcare expenditure. However, the number of patients suffering from chronic & acute disorders is increasing consistently, which in turn is fueling the diclofenac market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Diclofenac Market
The global diclofenac market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global diclofenac market are:
- Auro Laboratories Limited
- Henan Dongtai Pharmaceutical Co.
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Hunan Warrant Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- Novartis AG
- XianShi Pharmaceutical Group
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Istituto Biochimico Italiano G. Lorenzini S.p.A.
- Dezhou Deyao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Diclofenac Market: Research Scope
- Global Diclofenac Market, by Indication
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Global Diclofenac Market, by Route of Administration
- Global Diclofenac Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical centers
Global Diclofenac Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.