COVID-19 Impact on Global Dextromethorphan Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. The dextromethorphan market has been hampered due to the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lockdown of several non-essential activities and manufacturing facilities in several countries.
- The market is anticipated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period due to the acceptance of new normal conditions and restart of end-use industries in various countries
Key Drivers and Restraints of Dextromethorphan Market
- Demand for dextromethorphan is expected to increase at a significant rate during the forecast period due to high prevalence of cough in population across the globe. Increase in geriatric population, spread of coronavirus, and rise in air pollution are driving the dextromethorphan market.
- Enactment of stringent regulations against the use of dextromethorphan is negatively affecting the dextromethorphan market
Dextromethorphan Market: Product Type Segment
- Based on product type, the dextromethorphan market can be divided into tablets and syrups
- The syrups segment dominates the dextromethorphan market
- Cough syrups are used to treat coughs that occur when one has an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI). Cough can also be a symptom of other conditions such as asthma or lung diseases. Cough syrups are often divided into those for a dry cough and those for a chesty cough.
- Strong demand for cough syrups in the global market is expected to drive the dextromethorphan market during the forecast period
Dextromethorphan Market: Distribution Channel Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the dextromethorphan market can be divided into retail pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, and e-commerce
- Among them, the hospital pharmacy segment dominates the dextromethorphan market. This can be ascribed to the rise in number of hospitals worldwide. Furthermore, cough syrups are prescription-based medications, which are mostly prescribed by specialized health care professionals in hospitals. This is augmenting the segment.
- The e-commerce segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the rise in usage of Internet across the globe
Asia-Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Dextromethorphan Market
- In terms of region, the dextromethorphan market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global dextromethorphan market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the rise in usage of cough syrups in the region. Furthermore, the constantly evolving life science industry is driving the market in developing economies such as India, China, and Malaysia.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dextromethorphan Market
The dextromethorphan market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the dextromethorphan market include:
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Sun Pharmaceutical
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- Ipca Laboratories
- Intas Pharmaceuticals
Dextromethorphan Market: Research Scope
Dextromethorphan Market, by Product Type
Dextromethorphan Market, by Application
- Acute or Chronic Bronchitis
- Bronchial Asthma
- Sore Throat
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dextromethorphan Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
Global Dextromethorphan Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Dextromethorphan Market: Introduction
- Dextromethorphan belongs to a class of drugs known as cough suppressants drugs
- It shows high affinity binding to several regions of the brain, including the medullary cough center. This compound is an NMDA receptor antagonist (receptors, N-methyl-D-aspartate) and acts as a non-competitive channel blocker. Dextromethorphan acts on a part of the brain (cough center) to reduce the urge to cough.
- It is one of the widely used antitussives, and is also used to study the involvement of glutamate receptors in neurotoxicity
- Dextromethorphan can affect drugs that treat depression. Some combination of cold and cough medicines contain decongestants, which can raise blood pressure.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.