Global Dexamethasone Market Introduction
- Dexamethasone, a synthetic adrenocortical steroid, is a white to practically white, odorless, crystalline powder. It is stable in air and practically insoluble in water. Its molecular formula is C22H29FO5.
- Dexamethasone is a glucocorticoid medication, which is similar to a natural hormone produced by adrenal glands. It is used to treat rheumatic problems, a number of skin diseases, severe allergies, asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, croup, brain swelling, and eye pain following an eye surgery.
- In terms of application, the global dexamethasone market can be segmented into anti-inflammatory & immunosuppressant effects, respiratory distress syndrome, COVID-19, and others. The anti-inflammatory & immunosuppressant effects segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the growth in usage of dexamethasone to treat a number of different inflation conditions, such as swelling. Dexamethasone provides relief to the inflamed areas of the body.
Key Drivers of Global Dexamethasone Market
- Rise in usage of dexamethasone for critically ill COVID-19 patients is expected to boost the consumption of dexamethasone during the forecast period. Dexamethasone is used as a lifesaving treatment for critically ill COVID-19 patients. In patients hospitalized with Covid-19, the usage of dexamethasone resulted in lower 28-day mortality among those who were receiving either invasive mechanical ventilation or oxygen alone at randomization but not among those receiving no respiratory support.
- Increase in usage of dexamethasone to cure various diseases is anticipated to propel the consumption of dexamethasone during the forecast period. Dexamethasone belongs to a class of drugs known as corticosteroids. It decreases the immune system's response to various diseases in order to reduce symptoms such as swelling and allergic-type reactions. Dexamethasone is used to treat conditions such as arthritis, blood/hormone disorders, allergic reactions, skin diseases, eye problems, breathing issues, bowel disorders, cancer, and immune system disorders. It is also used as a test for an adrenal gland disorder (Cushing's syndrome).
Key Restraints of Global Dexamethasone Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of dexamethasone is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of dexamethasone. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the dexamethasone market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of dexamethasone in many developed and underdeveloped countries is also projected to adversely affect the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Global Dexamethasone Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for dexamethasone in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the pandemic. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, thereby negatively impacting the demand for dexamethasone.
- Key players operating in the global dexamethasone market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of dexamethasone. Thus, demand for dexamethasone market is expected to decline in 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Dexamethasone Market
- In terms of region, the global dexamethasone market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global dexamethasone market during the forecast period. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living of the people in many countries in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the consumption of dexamethasone in the region during the forecast period. Additionally, easy availability of such drugs in the region and growth in number of market players are likely to propel the market during the forecast period. Various companies are estimated to conduct intensive R&D activities and launch an array of drugs, thus adding to the portfolio of lifestyle products.
- North America is also anticipated to account for vital share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases; growth in geriatric population, and rise in health care expenditure are expected to boost the dexamethasone market in the region during the forecast period.
Prominent Players in Global Dexamethasone Market
Major players operating in the global dexamethasone market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Wockhardt Ltd.
- Dwarkesh Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
- Schwitz Biotech
- Lexine Technochem Private Limited
- Mapro Lifescience
- Therawin Formulations
- Shervotec Pharmaceuticals
- Acichem Laboratories
- Quality Nexgen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Kern Pharma SL
- Symbiotic Pharma
- Fresenius Kabi
- Somerset Therapeutics
Dexamethasone Market: Research Scope
Dexamethasone Market, by Formulation Type
- Solution for Injection
Dexamethasone Market, by Patient Type
Dexamethasone Market, by Application
- Anti-inflammatory & Immunosuppressant Effects
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Dexamethasone Market, by End-user
- Pharmacy & Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.