Global Desiccated Coconut Market – Overview:
Grated and unsweetened meat of a mature fruit, desiccated coconut is commonly obtained from countries in the South-east Asian region. It is also a much traded commodity. As the world witnessed development of technology and e-commerce the flavor reached new lands and became a common ingredient.
As per Transparency Market Research, the global desiccated market is at the vantage point of growth and would see both a slew of opportunities and increase in the market worth over the forecast period.
A number of factors, trends, and drivers are impacting the landscape of the global desiccated coconut market over the forecast period. Some of the prominent factors are provided below:
- Today, coconut is vastly used in bakery goods, coffee, confectionary and so on. It comes as no surprise that it is extensively used in South Asian cuisines such as Indian, Burmese, and Indonesian. Besides, it is an important part of functional beverages – an outcome of strong preference shown by the millennial populace that is demanding for variants that have health blended with taste. And, since coconut has a number of health benefits, demand is seeing a rapid upward curve.
- Increase in disposable income and growth in the e-commerce sector is bringing the product to earlier inaccessible locations. This is a major factor underlying growth in the global desiccated coconut market. Besides, as technology advances and improves shelf life of the ingredient, growth in demand is only anticipated to grow further over the forecast period and beyond.
- The new-age consumer is highly conscious of his feeding habits and as coconut is considered rich in vitamins, and minerals, it is seeing high demand. Besides, this section of the population is also oriented towards convenience and thus opts for the desiccated version due to its ease of use in various dishes.
Desiccated coconut is a dried (a maximum of 3% moisture content), grated and unsweetened fresh kernel or meat of a coconut’s mature fruit. Desiccated coconut is used as an ingredient in food industries. Desiccated coconut is derived from coconut which is predominantly grown in Southeast Asian countries, and is traded worldwide. Since the ingredient is used in food industries such as bakery, confectionery, culinary, beverages etc., the growth and demand for desiccated coconut is has high correlation with the performance of overall mentioned food industries. Attributed to its low cholesterol or trans-fats content while rich in a variety of essential nutrient contents which includes dietary fiber, copper, manganese and selenium, the product has witnessed increased traction in global market.
On the backdrop of continuous increase in demand for the ingredients from food industry, existing ingredient producers included desiccated coconut in their product portfolio and stimulated the global desiccated coconut market. Global desiccated is characterized by fragmented number of players, largely operating in regional markets. However, a few multinational players are strengthening their distribution network to increase market foothold in markets that has high potential and are unorganized.
Desiccated Coconut Market Segmentation:
Desiccated coconut market can be segmented on the basis of cut as:
- Regular cut
- Fine cut
- Medium cut
- Super fine cut
- Fancy cut
Desiccated coconut market can be segmented on the basis of fat content as:
- High fat content
- Low fat content
Desiccated coconut market can be segmented on the basis of distribution channel as:
- Specialty stores
- Online sales
- Retail stores
Desiccated coconut market can be segmented on the application as:
- Food Industry
- Culinary food products
- Bakery products
Desiccated Coconut Market Regional Overview:
Desiccated coconut has traditionally been used in a lot Asian dishes as toppings and ingredients in curries, cooked cereal and baked food. Europe is the largest importer for desiccated coconut. In Western Europe, Belgium is the major consumer for desiccated coconut followed by Germany, Netherlands and U.K. In North American region U.S. accounts for most of desiccated coconut. European market for desiccated coconut is expected to show considerably high growth. In Asia-Pacific region India, Singapore are the major consumers for desiccated coconuts.
In terms of production Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and India are the major producers of desiccated coconut. Philippines, Indonesia and Sri Lanka are the major exporters for desiccated coconut in the global market.
Desiccated Coconut Market Drivers:
There has been an increase in the sales and demand for organic desiccated coconut and fair trade products which has a direct impact in driving the market growth of desiccated coconut. Desiccated coconut is a key ingredient in traditional bakery of many European countries such as kokosmakronen of the Netherlands and coconut macaroons of the U.K. Apart from this it is also used in many products like breakfast cereals. Most recently there has been as increase in interest of consumers in desiccated coconut based products such as kokosmakronen, breakfast cereals and also many Asian dishes, which has benefited the progress for desiccated coconut market.
Desiccated Coconut Market Restraints:
Despite the consideration of coconut as a healthy food, there has been some controversies associated with coconut and related products such as high saturated fatty acids content, which has various adverse effect on human health. This is causing a shift from the desiccated coconuts to other alternatives or products. In European market consumers prefers value added forms of products, like coconut water and roasted coconut chips rather than desiccated coconut, as the former products are more suitable to busy life styles.
Desiccated Coconut Market Key Player:
Some of the key players in the market for desiccated coconut market includes manufactures and suppliers including, Celebes Coconut Corporation, Ken taste Products Limited, VV Industries, Super Coco Company, Goldman International Put Ltd., Coloma Bio Organic, Holland & Barrett and Bake King, and others.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.