Denture Base Resins Market: Introduction
- A denture base refers to the part of denture that rests on the gum as well as to which the teeth are attached. Denture base material is a substance from which the denture base is manufactured. Denture bases as well as prosthetic teeth are fashioned by carving them to the desired shape. Acrylic resin is the most commonly used denture base material in clinical fabrications. Resins are strengthened by using different materials. Hypoallergenic resins overcome the issue of monomer allergy. In addition, other physical properties of resins are also improved by using different additives. Various modified poly (methyl methacrylate) materials are utilized for denture-based end-use applications. These include light-activated denture base materials, rapid-heat-polymerized acrylics, and high-impact resins.
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) is the most widely used denture base material owing to its excellent aesthetic appeal, ease of repair and processing, and low cost
Key Drivers of Global Denture Base Resins Market
- Increase in the prevalence of dental disorders and rise in geriatric population are major factors estimated to drive the global denture base resins market during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in the disposable income of individuals fuels the demand for denture base resins.
- Increase in the adoption of denture base resins, led by its improved mechanical and physical properties, and growth in awareness among key manufacturers regarding several advantages offered by denture base resins are key factors boosting the global denture base resins market. In addition, adoption of denture base resins is increasing significantly in developed as well as developing countries, primarily due to growing focus on dental aesthetics, and changing lifestyles. This is another factor expected to drive the global denture base resins market in the near future. In addition, increase in the demand for superior-quality denture base resins in developing as well as developed economies is anticipated to boost the global denture base resins market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Denture Base Resins from Dental Clinics
- Based on type, the global denture base resins market can be divided into heat-cured acrylic resins, self-curing acrylic resins, microwave-cured denture base resins, and others (including ultra-high-impact denture base resin). The heat-cured acrylic resins segment is projected to account for a major share of the global market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period. Amino acids are widely used, owing to their improved physical and mechanical properties. Different types of modified acrylic resins employed in dentistry are reinforced resins (fiber-reinforced and high-impact resins), resins with modified chemical structure, hypoallergenic resins, enigma gum toning in denture bases, and thermoplastic resins.
- Based on application, the global denture base resins market can be divided into dental clinics, hospitals, laboratories, and others (including academics & research). In terms of revenue, the dental clinics segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to rising focus on digital dental products as well as increasing efforts toward delivering quick dental treatment.
Europe: A Key Market for Denture Base Resins
- In terms of region, the global denture base resins market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is projected to account for a major share of the global denture base resins market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing disposable incomes of people in developing countries, rapidly growing geriatric population, and rising awareness about dental hygiene in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to rising demand for denture base resins in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- Key players are consistently focusing on the development of enhanced-quality denture base resins with the objective to expand their product offerings as well as gain a competitive edge in the global denture base resins market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Dentsply Sirona
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- Keystone Industries
- AcrylX GmbH
- Feguramed GmbH
- Amann Girrbach AG
- SandS Scheftner GmbH
- Dreve group
- Vannini Dental Industry
- BEGO USA Inc.
- PSP Dental Ltd.
- GC America Inc.
Global Denture Base Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Denture Base Resins Market, by Type
- Heat-cured Acrylic Resins
- Self-curing Acrylic Resins
- Microwave-cured Denture Base Resins
- Others (Including Ultra-high-impact Denture Base Resins)
Global Denture Base Resins Market, by Application
- Dental Clinics
- Others (Academics & Research)
Global Denture Base Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa