Decorative Tiles: Introduction
- Decorative tiles can be manufactured by using ceramic, marble, porcelain, or stones. These tiles are designed specifically in order to suit the construction theme and style. They are also designed to add aesthetical look to floors and walls, thereby enhancing the appearance and value of infrastructure.
- Decorative tiles are available in different colors and with various features such as light resistance. Light resistance helps hold their color for a long time, without getting faded. This color retention feature makes decorative tiles suitable for use as wall tiles. Decorative wall tiles are largely used in kitchens, as they are easy to clean and they offer excellent decorative look to kitchens.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Decorative Tiles Market
- Rising demand for decorative tiles for use in residential and non-residential buildings to improve the appearance of households is a major factor that is anticipated to drive the global decorative tiles market during the forecast period
- Rise in urbanization, increase in development of commercial infrastructure, and increase in spending on repair activities are other major factors expected to fuel the demand for decorative tiles in the near future. Increase in investments in infrastructure development in developed as well as developing countries is driving building & construction and reconstruction activities in developing as well as developed countries. This is another factor driving the global decorative tiles market.
- Rising demand for decorative tiles, owing to their stain and scratch resistance and ability to mimic appearance of more expensive natural stone and hardwood tiles, is another factor that is anticipated to boost the adoption of these tiles in the next few years. Furthermore, rise in the demand for decorative construction materials from end-use sectors, such as residential and non-residential, is a key factor that is projected to propel the global decorative tiles market in the near future.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
- Rise in the demand for decorative tiles in commercial applications, owing to their light weight, larger size, and damage resistance, is another factor that is projected to propel the global decorative tiles market between 2019 and 2027
Significant Opportunity in Construction Industry
- Based on product, the global decorative tiles market can be segmented into ceramic, porcelain, stone, concrete, and others (including glass and metal). The ceramic segment is estimated to hold a major share of the global market, in terms of revenue, from 2019 to 2027, owing to affordability and less maintenance requirement offered by ceramic tiles. Ceramic tiles are available in different colors and textures. They are utilized by commercial architects as well as homebuilders to form inexpensive walls, floors, and other surfaces. This is another factor that is projected to boost the ceramic segment during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global decorative tiles market can be divided into flooring, wall coverings, and others (including countertops). In terms of revenue, the flooring segment is projected to hold a major share of the global market from 2019 to 2027. This can be attributed to high demand for flooring for use in kitchens, dining rooms, bathrooms, and foyers.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Decorative Tiles
- In terms of region, the global decorative tiles market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is expected to account for a major share of the global market for decorative tiles between 2019 and 2027. The residential sector in countries across the region witnesses high demand for decorative tiles. Furthermore, increase in new construction activities and partial recovery of the commercial construction sector are other factors anticipated to boost the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- The global decorative tiles market was highly fragmented in 2018, with several companies competing in the global market. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Several key players engage in the development of innovative products to expand their product portfolios. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Mohawk Industries
- Grupo Lamosa
- Kajaria Ceramics Limited
- NITCO Tiles
- China Ceramics Co., Ltd.
- Johnson Tiles
- Ceramica Saloni
- Florida Tiles
- Ceramiche Atlas Concorde
- Panariagroup Industrie Ceramiche S.p.A.
- Crossville Inc.
- Florim Ceramiche
- Iris Ceramica
Global Decorative Tiles Market: Research Scope
Global Decorative Tiles Market, by Product
- Others (Including Glass and Metal)
Global Decorative Tiles Market, by Application
- Wall Coverings
- Others (Including Countertops)
Global Decorative Tiles Market, by End-user
- Residential Buildings
- Non-residential Buildings
Global Decorative Tiles Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.