Decabromodiphenyl Ether Market: Overview
The decabromodiphenyl ether market gains from expanding demand of high performance chemicals suitable for commercial and industrial environments. Brominated flame retardant class of chemicals, including decabromodiphenyl ether when added to plastics, textiles, and other materials retard combustibility. Decabromodiphenyl ether also known as decaBDE, is highly effective for resistance against fire, especially in commercial and industrial spaces thereby stimulating decabromodiphenyl ether market.
Transparency Market Research has announced the release of a market research report on the global decabromodiphenyl ether market. The report is an effort to narrate existing growth trends, while at the same time provide insightful information on growth opportunities in the future. Such analysis of the decabromodiphenyl ether market provided on the basis of reliable data serves as a valuale guide for market stakeholders.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the decabromodiphenyl Ether Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Decabromodiphenyl Ether Market: Notable Developments
- A range of chemicals for industrial and commercial use come under scrutiny of welfare agencies from time to time for their environmental repercussions and impact on human health for future use. In a recent industry development, Ipen – a global network of NGOs, has strongly criticized risk assessment carried out for two persistent organic pollutants (POPs), one of which is decabromodiphenyl ether.
- Countering assessments of Australian and Japanese regulators, Ipen proclaimed the assement was carried out to downplay high risks associated with some POPs, and reduce government and industry resources to manage them.
- In another environment preservation effort, a release of the U.S. Environment Prorection Agency proposed a rule intended to reduce exposure to certain chemicals that are bioaccumulative, persistent, and toxic. Decabromodiphenyl ether is one.
- On implementation, the proposed rule would restrict or prohibit manufacture, processing, and distribution of decabromodiphenyl ether for many commercial uses.
Decabromodiphenyl Ether Market: Key Trends
Expanding plastics and electronics industry sectors to serve consumer demand is indirectly stoking demand for high performance chemicals, including decabromodiphenyl ether. Plastic and electronic goods are essentially added with fire retardant chemicals to retard combustibility in the event of a fire.
In the event of fire, decabromodiphenyl ether interferes with the combustion process, thereby delaying spreading of fire. With rising applications of electronic equipment, demand for fire retardant chemicals for their constituent components is likely to accelerate. This stimulates growth of decabromodiphenyl ether market.
Among few derivatives, polyolefins based decabromodiphenyl ether finds maximum demand owing to their superior electrical properties and high impact strength. Besides this, polyolefins are stable at room temperature and offer higher resistance for chemicals. Thus, polyolefins based decabromodiphenyl ether find use in several consumer electronics such as computers and television sets.
On the downside, decabromodiphenyl ether is toxic if in contact of human use, which impedes its use. Decabromodiphenyl ether percolates in the atmosphere at low concentrations, and is even susceptible to transport to long distances in the atmosphere. This impedes use of decabromodiphenyl ether, thereby negatively impacting decabromodiphenyl ether market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Decabromodiphenyl Ether Market here
Decabromodiphenyl Ether Market: Regional Outlook
North America currently ranks first among other key regions in the decabromodiphenyl ether market. Excessive measures for protection of industrial and commercial establishments against fire have led to use of high performance chemicals for the purpose. Consumer goods such as furniture, upholstery, and mattresses are coated with fire retardant chemicals such as decabromodiphenyl ether on the fabric in the latex binder. Such chemicals retard combustibility in the event of a fire.
Powered by Germany, France, and the U.K., Europe is another key market for decabromodiphenyl ether market. Automotive and aviation display leading demand of ire retardant chemicals, including decabromodiphenyl ether in the region.
Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is likely to display substantial demand for decabromodiphenyl ether in the forthcoming years. Increasing uptake of fire protection measures in newer commercial and industrial establishments in emerging economies is likely to boost decabromodiphenyl ether market in the region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.