Data Warehousing Market: Overview
Data warehouse is a relational database formed to analyze and perform query processing. Data warehousing is generally used by enterprises as the data stored by these warehouses is of large size. Warehouse stores data retrieved from historical transactions; however, it also contains data from various other sources. Data warehousing contains additional tools compared to a relational database. Extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) tools are available for processing in data warehousing. In addition to the ETL tools, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) engine, analytical tools for clients are also present to manage the data gathering and delivering processes.
Data warehousing is used by businesses for data mining, where patterns within the information stored are identified. This pattern between information can prove extremely helpful as business strategies are formulated according to future trends derived from the historical data. Data warehousing has opened multiple opportunities for business intelligence (BI). BFSI sector is increasingly using data warehousing as financial fluctuations could prove harmful for any enterprise.
Data Warehousing Market: Growth Trends and Opportunities
Data generated by organizations worldwide is increasing constantly, which is the major driving force behind the growth of data warehousing market. Telecommunications, BFSI industries need to store billions of records on a daily basis. Growth of IT and related services worldwide is also contributing to increase in data generation. Enterprises all over the world have understood the importance of BI which has resulted in processing of historical data on regular basis. Also, analytical tools are required for processing data. Data warehousing offers tools for such processing. Proliferation of cloud technology has been helping data warehousing market to grow during recent years. Cloud technology provides an infrastructure designed for data warehousing, enhancing its potential further. Budget restraints and time required to build in-house software are the key factors responsible for adoption of cloud-based data warehousing solutions. Overhead costs are reduced with the usage of cloud technology, as space and cooling expenses are non-existent.
Concerns regarding security could hinder the progress of data warehousing market. Important historical data is stored in data warehousing, which is used to make future business strategies. This makes the stored data highly confidential and therefore it must be protected and handled with precaution. Threats to enterprise security are increasing as the global competition increases. Also, as the size of a data warehouse is increasing, filtering this data and finding high quality data usable for analytical purpose is becoming difficult. To deal with increasing size of data storage, big data is used by companies. Big data can store and process large amount of data compared to a data warehouse. Also, Hadoop technology emerged primarily to handle unstructured big data. However, Hadoop can help IT teams to efficiently mix big data systems and data warehouses. Operational data warehousing are seen as the future of data warehousing. These warehouses will be used to process day to day transactions and provide analytical solutions on a daily basis resulting in reduced load.
Data Warehousing Market: Key Vendors
Major players in the data warehousing market are IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Teradata Corporation, SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., Informatica LLC, Amazon.com, Inc., Treasure Data Inc. and Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.