Data Center Test and Measurement: Introduction
- A data center is a virtual infrastructure or physical facility used by enterprises to accommodate systems such as computers, servers, and networking systems as well as components.
- Data center test and measurement refers to testing the entire data center, which needs a test and measurement instrument that can measure performance of the computing systems of the data center.
- Data is increasing at a rapid pace across the globe. Many data centers are currently at maximum capacity. Hence, data center operators require a method or technique to increase channel bandwidth, speed, and reduce the power per bit. Hence, a whole new set of test and measurement solutions are required to perform such operations or methods to successfully implement these changes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Dynamics
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Key Drivers
- Data centers are upgrading from 100GE to 400GE to meet the rising demand from enterprises to enhance network broadband. This is expected to create demand to test the Ethernet, which is likely to create demand for solutions that can validate FlexE and FlexO technologies. This is a major factor expected to boost the growth of the data center test and measurement market during the forecast period.
- Rise in adoption of emerging technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence (AI), and autonomous vehicles by various sectors is estimated to boost the demand for data center test and measurement across the globe. This is primarily because adoption of these technologies creates volatile amounts of data in the network, creating new computing and performance demands in the data center, which indirectly generates demand for data center test and measurement solutions.
- At present, data centers are shifting from multi-fiber push-on (MPO)-8 to MPO-12, thus generating demand for more versatile fiber-optic testing equipment, which is a major factor projected to accelerate the global data center test and measurement market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand to increase channel capacity, quality, and compatibility, and reduce test time and costs is estimated to propel the global data center test and measurement market during the forecast period.
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Restraints
- One of the most significant challenges of the data center test and measurement market is integration and implementation of diverse and dynamic sets of components and transceivers. Thus, integration challenge is a major factor projected to hinder the global data center test and measurement market in the next few years.
- Also, high cost of data center test and measurement solutions are expected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. COVID-19 has a positive impact on the data center test and measurement market. Currently, people are focusing majorly on online activities such as e-commerce and using OTT platforms, which is anticipated to increase the data worldwide. Therefore, data centers are upgrading their capacity and increasing channel bandwidth to manage the huge amount of data. Hence test and measurement solutions help data centers to work more efficiently.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market
- In terms of region, the global data center test and measurement market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global data center test and measurement market in 2019, due to the high market share of solutions used to manage, test, and monitor network performance in the region. Rising demand for agile IT infrastructures is anticipated to boost the data center test and measurement market in the region.
- The data center test and measurement market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rapid production of more powerful chipsets for data centers in China, thus generating demand for data center test and measurement equipment in the region.
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the data center test and measurement market with strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global data center test and measurement market.
Key Players Operating in Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market:
- Aquantia Corp.
- Arista Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Exfo Inc.
- Hitachi Data Systems
- IBM Corporation
- Juniper Networks
- Keysight Technologies Inc.
- Oracle Corporation
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market: Research Scope
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market, by Component
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Fiber-Optic Test Equipment
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecom
- Oil & Gas
- Retail & E-commerce
Global Data Center Test and Measurement Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.