Owing to increasing veganism and high prevalence of lactose intolerance among individuals across the globe, individuals have started to opt for dairy free diets. This trend of consuming dairy-free products is increasing among millennial owing to ethical issues related with treatment of animals, increasing allergies to dairy products, lactose intolerance etc. Dairy-free products are increasingly penetrating the market, as individuals are getting inclined towards it either because of lifestyle choice or health issues such as lactose intolerance. Dairy-free products are assumed to be a rich source of fibers which helps in improving gut health of an individuals. Dairy-free diets simply refers to the balanced diet except for dairy products which are replaced with calcium fortified plant based alternatives such as coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc.
Dairy-free products market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for dairy alternatives among the population across the globe. Increasing veganism among the individuals across the globe is driving the sales of dairy-free products market.
Dairy-Free Products Market: Segmentation
Dairy-free products market is segmented on the basis of nature, product type, end-use, sales channel and region.
On the basis of nature, dairy-free products market is segmented into organic and conventional. Organic segment of dairy-free products market is expected to witness relatively high growth over the forecast period, as it is assumed that organic products are more healthful as compared to conventional food products.
Dairy-free products market is further segmented on the basis of product type into beverages, yogurts, ice-creams and desserts, bakery products, cheese and butter spreads, creamers, chocolates and others. Beverages segment is further sub-segmented into milk, dairy-free kefir and others.
On the basis of end-use, dairy-free products market is segmented into household and commercial. Commercial segment is sub-segmented into HoReCa, bakery, institutional sales and others.
Dairy-free products market is further segmented on the basis of sales channel into modern trade, convenience stores, specialty outlets, modern grocery stores, online retailing and other retailing formats. Modern trade segment is expected to exhibit relatively high value CAGR over the forecast period.
Dairy-Free Products market: Drivers, Restraints, and Trends
In the past few years, veganism is increasing across the globe and is expected to increase over the forecast period, leading to growth of dairy-free products market over the forecast period. In many developed regions such as Europe, Canada, the U.S., dairy-free products market is booming, owing to couple of reasons such as increasing health consciousness among individuals, high lactose intolerance and increasing per capita disposable income. Millennial demographic of the world is increasingly inclined towards vegan diets, which is a factor driving growth of dairy-free products market. Changing lifestyles, influence of social media and Internet, increasing social awareness, is also expected to drive demand for dairy-free products. Because of all these factors, people are preferring to consume dairy-free products, which is driving growth of the dairy-free products market and this is expected to continue over the forecast period.
On the other side, cross contamination of raw materials could impede the market’s trajectory over the forecast period and affect the sales of dairy-free products market. In addition, relatively high prices of dairy-free products also limits the scope for the sales and could possibly hamper the growth of dairy-free products market to an extent.
Shifting focus of individuals towards vegan diets and vegan lifestyle is trending, owing to ethical issues related to animal rights and environment protection campaigns. Also, increasing number of individuals in North America and Europe are preferring to buy organic food products irrespective of high prices.
Dairy-Free Products Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of region, dairy-free products market is segmented into five different regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and MEA. Among these regions, Europe and the U.S. is expected to have the major value share of dairy-free products market globally, as both of these regions accounts for relatively high consumption of dairy-free products. The Latin America dairy-free products market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period, but is anticipated to account for a lower growth rate than the APAC region, owing to a greater number of emerging economies in APAC. In Asia Pacific region the countries like China, Japan, India and Australia are generating the major revenue. The APAC dairy-free products market is estimated to account for relatively high value CAGR over the forecast period, owing to a larger consumer base, combined with a higher number of retail outlets than any other region.
Dairy-Free Products Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in dairy-free products market are Groupe Danone, The Hein Celestial Group, The Whitewave Foods Company, Good Karma Foods, GraceKennedy Group, Blue Diamond Growers, Inc., SunOpta, Inc., Oatly A.B., Vitasoy International Holdings Limited, and Good Karma Foods, among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.