The demand within the global cytokinins market is rising on account of advancements in the field of botany. The splendid properties of cytokinin extracts have played an integral role in the growth of the global market. Furthermore, the study of cell division in plants forms an important part of the botanical research and analysis. The medical fraternity is making extensive research in studying the properties of cytokinin. A number of research studies point to the medical benefits of cytokinins. However, other schools of medical thought contest the veracity of claims made by the former. Nevertheless, the global cytokinins market is expected to grow at a stellar pace in the years to follow.
- The need to maintain plant health is a key consideration across plant nurseries and botanical gardens. Cytokinins play an important role in ensuring that the plants remain healthy and ripe. Therefore, the use of cytokinins in the field of horticulture and gardening has increased in recent times. Moreover, plant growth regulators are in great demand across the globe. Improvements in agriculture and farming have also played a pivotal role in driving demand within the global market.
- On the basis of geography, the Asia Pacific cytokinins market is expanding at a stellar pace in recent times. The extensive use of cytokinins in the agricultural sector and horticultural fields has given a thrust to market growth. Furthermore, availability of premium research labs in the US and Canada has driven demand within the North America cytokinins market.
The vendors in the global cytokinins market are expected to focus on marketing their offerings in cross-country markets. This strategy can help them in acquiring a wider base of consumers in the forthcoming years.
Cytokinins Market: Introduction
Cytokinins is an agrochemical that is employed as a plant growth hormone. It promotes cell division in plant shoots and roots. Cytokinins is useful in plant growth promotion by means of cell division; growth of lateral buds; fruit abscission; leaf expansion; delay of leaf senescence; chloroplast development; and enhancement of stomatal opening. Cytokinins is selected based on crop type and soil type. It also used in fixing the wounded part of the plant.
Rise in demand for organic food and increase in popularity of herbal products in medicine and cosmetic industries are driving the demand for cytokinins, as these provide improved results primarily on commercial crops. Growth in the cotton industry is also anticipated to fuel the demand for cytokinins during the forecast period. However, higher costs of cytokines compared to conventional plant growth chemicals is anticipated to hamper the global cytokinins market. Key players have an opportunity to develop economical production process and ecological synthesis of cytokinins to gain competitive advantage.
Global Cytokinins Market: Segmentation
The global cytokinins market can be segmented based on type, function, end-use industry, and region. In terms of type, the cytokinins market can be bifurcated into adenine-type and phenyl-type.
Based on function, the cytokinins market can be divided into cell division, seed dormancy, senescence, and others (including fruit & seed development). Increase in research & development activities to boost the crop yield is anticipated to fuel the cell division segment owing to its improved results with minimal environmental hazard compared to chemical based fertilizers.
In terms of end-use industry, the global cytokinins market can be classified into agriculture, health care, cosmetics, and others (including turf & ornaments). Growth in population is propelling the demand for food across the globe. Innovations in agrochemicals and rise in acceptance of advanced products in developing countries such as China and India are augmenting the demand for plant growth regulators, especially for fruits & vegetables and cereals & grains crops. This, in turn, is projected to drive the agriculture segment of the global cytokinins market.
Global Cytokinins Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, the global cytokinins market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific accounts for large share of the global cytokinins market. Europe held key share of the global cytokinins market in 2018 due to the increase in demand of organic food and implementation of stringent environmental regulations against hazardous chemical based products. The European Union has imposed restrictions on the use of chemical-based fertilizers. This has positively impacted the demand for cytokinins in Europe owing to its minimal environmental impact.
The cytokinins market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at significant pace during the forecast period. Countries such as China and India have vast agricultural and farming land, as farming is a major occupation in these countries. Increase in awareness about the nutrition of crops has led to an improvement in crop yield. This has boosted the consumption of agrochemicals in the Asia Pacific. Rise in population in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia and government support in the form of subsidies are propelling the demand for crop growth enhancers. This, in turn, is projected to fuel the cytokinins market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Global Cytokinins Market: Competitive Landscape
The global cytokinins market is fragmented; large numbers of global and local players operate in the market. Key players operating in the global cytokinins market include BASF SE, Bayer AG, Redox Industries, Xiny(H.K.) Industrial Co., Ltd, Sichuan Guoguang Agrochemical Co. Ltd, and NuFarm Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.