Cylinder Deactivation System Market: Introduction
- Increase in demand for fuel-efficient vehicles prompted by the enactment of stringent emission norms and regulations by government authorities and regulatory bodies across the globe is anticipated to drive the global cylinder deactivation system market
- Vehicle emission is a major contributor to the increase in air pollution and causes climate change across the globe. Therefore, post signing of the Paris Agreement in 2016, various governments have enacted stringent regulations on the auto industry, which is prompting automakers to innovate advanced solutions to curb vehicle emission and consequently, reduce its impact on air pollution. This is a key factor driving developments in vehicle engine technology and subsequently, driving the global cylinder deactivation system market.
Key Drivers of Cylinder Deactivation System Market
- Rise in preference toward vehicles with enhanced power is anticipated to drive the global cylinder deactivation system market. Engines with more cylinders deliver more power. These engines are fitted with a cylinder deactivation system to facilitate the deactivation of a few cylinders while the engine is operating. This, in turn, helps decrease fuel consumption and improve fuel-efficiency on long roads or highways; consequently, reducing vehicle emissions.
- Technological advancements aimed at improving vehicle efficiency are expected to boost the global cylinder deactivation system market. For instance, adoption of the overhead CAM design method in engines is rising, as compared to the pushrod design, due to several advantages offered by the technology, such as high performance and increased fuel economy, better airflow that can be used to expand the operating range of high-speed engines. This is expected to propel the global cylinder deactivation system market.
- Rise in per capita income indicates an increase in the purchasing capacity of the population in the respective region. This, in turn, is propelling the trend of owning a vehicle among the population, thereby fueling sales of vehicles across the globe and consequently, propelling the global cylinder deactivation system market.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020-2021. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global cylinder deactivation system market.
- The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicles in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the cylinder deactivation system market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to account for major share of global cylinder deactivation system market
- In terms of region, the global cylinder deactivation system market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific has presence of strong economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the shipbuilding industry, automobile production, and heavy machinery manufacturing is boosting the demand for vehicles. This, in turn, is expected to drive the cylinder deactivation system market in the region.
- Presence of numerous automotive manufacturers and automakers in the regions is another factor contributing to the major share held by Asia Pacific in the global cylinder deactivation system market
Key Players Operating in Cylinder Deactivation System Market
The global cylinder deactivation system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the cylinder deactivation system market are:
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- Borgwarner Inc.
- Continental AG
- Delphi Technologies
- Denso Corporation
- Gates Corporation
- Hilite International
- Hyundai Kefico Corporation
- Mikuni Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Pmg Holding GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Schaeffler AG
- Tenneco Inc.
- Tula Technology, Inc.
- Valeo SA
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Global Cylinder Deactivation System Market: Research Scope
Global Cylinder Deactivation System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
Global Cylinder Deactivation System Market, by Fuel Type
Global Cylinder Deactivation System Market, by Valve Actuation Method
- Overhead CAM Design
- Pushrod Design
Global Cylinder Deactivation System Market, by Number of Cylinders