Cybersecurity Market: Introduction
- Cybersecurity is the process of protecting networks, systems, and programs from digital attacks. Cyber-attacks are usually aimed at changing, accessing, or destroying sensitive information; extorting money from users; or interrupting normal business processes.
- As the world relies more on technology, cybersecurity plays a crucial role in protecting the digital data of governments and various business.
- Different forms of cybercrimes, such as phishing and hacking have increased rapidly, especially after the increasing use of internet during the COVID-19 quarantine phase, which has led to business interruptions and financial losses around the world.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report?
Global Cybersecurity Market: Dynamics
Global Cybersecurity Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in the frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks is one of the major factors driving the growth of the cybersecurity market.
- The growing need for advanced cybersecurity among small and large enterprises is likely to be a major triggering factor for the market in the coming years.
- The occurrence of massive cyber-attacks across the world is gradually increasing. Cyber terrorists attack endpoints, data, networks, and other IT infrastructure that leads to huge financial losses to enterprises, individuals, and governments. This in turn is expected to accelerate the growth of the cybersecurity market.
- Leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning, and Blockchain technologies for cyber defense is projected to create an opportunity for the cybersecurity market.
- However, use of pirated and open source cybersecurity solutions are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Cybersecurity Market
- In terms of region, the global cybersecurity market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is anticipated to lead the global cybersecurity market, due to adoption of advanced internet security solutions by enterprises. In addition, the significant adoption of internet services and importance of cyberspace in the digital world are the major factors accelerating the growth of the cybersecurity market across the region. Extensive adoption of cybersecurity by several industries, and technological developments across these industries are some of the other key factors anticipated to boost the growth of the market in North America.
- The cybersecurity market in Asia Pacific is expected to garner significant share due to increasing complexities faced by enterprises in implementing network security, coupled with compliance mandates, workforce mobility, and growing cyber-attacks. This in turn is expected to fuel the growth of the cybersecurity market across the Asia Pacific region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Cybersecurity Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Cybersecurity Market
Local, regional, and international players are present in the cybersecurity market. The market is highly consolidated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% share. Key players operating in the global cybersecurity market are:
- BAE Systems Plc
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- FireEye Inc.
- Fortinet Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- IBM Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- McAfee LLC
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Symantec Corporation
- Trend Micro Inc.
- In April 2018, IBM Security and McAfee extended their partnership to integrate IBM IRP with Data Exchange Layer (DXL) and provide better protection through automation and intelligence sharing.
- In April 2018, Symantec announced the development of a powerful threat detection technology used by its world-class research teams. Symantec’s Targeted Attack Analytics (TAA) enables advanced threat protection (ATP), thereby helping customers leverage advanced machine learning and discover targeted attacks.
- In January 2018, FireEye acquired X15 Software, a provider of big data and machine learning-based solutions and plans to add X15 Software’s big data and machine learning capabilities to its security tools.
Global Cybersecurity Market: Research Scope
Global Cybersecurity Market Segmentation, by Deployment
- On- premise
Global Cybersecurity Market Segmentation, by Security Type
- Network Security
- Endpoint Security
- Application Security
- Cloud Security
- Others (Content security, ICS security, database security, and web security)
Global Cybersecurity Market Segmentation, by Component
- Threat Intelligence
- Identity and Access Management
- Security and Vulnerability Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Unified Threat Management
- Antivirus/ Antimalware
- Others (threat intelligence platforms, SIEM, and incident forensics, etc.)
- Training and Consulting
- Integration and Deployment
- Support and Maintenance
Global Cybersecurity Market Segmentation, by Industry
- IT & Telecommunication
- Travel & Transportation
- Energy & Utilities
Global Cybersecurity Market Segmentation, Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprise
- Small & Medium Enterprise
Global Cybersecurity Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.