COVID-19 Impact on Cyanogen Chloride Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for cyanogen chloride in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for cyanogen chloride.
- Key players operating in the cyanogen chloride market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, the pandemic has negatively influenced the demand and supply chain of cyanogen chloride.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for cyanogen chloride. Industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Cyanogen Chloride Market
- Cyanogen chloride is currently utilized in the manufacture of nylon and synthetic rubber, pigments and dyes, printing and photography, metal cleaning, and metal core hardening. Rise in demand for synthetic rubber, which has various applications such as tires of commercial vehicles such as trucks, buses, and trailers, is one of the key drivers of the cyanogen chloride market.
Restraints of Cyanogen Chloride Market
- Cyanogen chloride (CK) is a highly volatile and toxic chemical asphyxiant that interferes with the body’s ability to use oxygen. Exposure to cyanogen chloride (CK) can be rapidly fatal. It has whole body (systemic) effects, particularly affecting those organ systems most sensitive to low oxygen levels: the central nervous system (brain), the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels), and the pulmonary system (lungs). Cyanogen chloride (CK) has strong irritant and choking effects. Its vapors are extremely irritating and corrosive, which is one of the major issues with cyanogen chloride. It is difficult to handle. This hampers the supply chain of the cyanogen chloride market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Cyanogen Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global cyanogen chloride market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. Asia Pacific is the largest market for cyanogen chloride due to substantial investments in China, Japan, and India for continual improvements in the pharmaceutical industry. Asia Pacific is expected to account for the leading share of the global cyanogen chloride market during the forecast period owing to growth in urbanization and rise in spending power of countries in the region.
- The cyanogen chloride market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace throughout the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Cyanogen Chloride Market
Major players operating in the cyanogen chloride market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Hangzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd.
- BuGuCh & Partners
- Evonik Industries
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology
- Volochem Inc.
- Yingkou Sanzheng Organic Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Chengxin Co., Ltd.
- Zaoyang Jinlu Chemical Co Ltd.
- Cangzhou Lingang Yueguo Chemical Co., Ltd.
Global Cyanogen Chloride Market: Research Scope
Global Cyanogen Chloride Market, by Type
Global Cyanogen Chloride Market, by Application
- Military Poison Gas
- Warning Agent
- Tear Gas
- Metal Cleaner
Global Cyanogen Chloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Cyanogen Chloride Market Introduction
- Cyanogen chloride is used in chemical synthesis (military poison gas), as a fumigant gas warning agent, as a tear gas, metal cleaning (in ore refining or synthetic rubber manufacture), electroplating, and photography. Because of its warning properties, cyanogen chloride was once widely employed as a pesticide.
- By heating silver tricyanomethanide in liquid cyanogen chloride, cyanogen chloride can be used to make tetracyanomethane and methane tetracarbonitrile. Cyanogen chloride is also used in the Lonza process, which produces ultra-pure malononitrile. Cyanogen chloride is frequently employed for fumigating ships and warehouses, as well as for mineral extraction. Instead of cyanogen bromide, cyanogen chloride was produced by an auto analyzer from chloramine-T and potassium cyanide.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.