Cutlery can be categorized as utility tools used in preparing, serving, and eating food. Cutlery has been in use since centuries in the western world but now is categorized as luxury designer products. These augment the aesthetics of dining and the kitchen. Traditionally, silver sterling has been used to make cutlery items; however, presently, cutlery items are made from a variety of materials. The cutlery market is marked by the presence of large number of both small and large firms. The large market players also produce other items besides cutlery. The industry is also marked by the increase in R&D relating to the materials and processes.
There are many factors driving the global cutlery market. The increasing popularity of professional cooking at home that utilize specialized cutlery is expected to be one of the major drivers of growth during the forecast period. Additionally, the increased popularity of casual dining and growing preference for fine dining are expected to grow in future and in turn drive the market’s growth. Moreover, the increasing per capita disposable income and the number of households are expected to propel the market growth. Increased popularity associated with the introduction of new and advanced materials like carbon fiber, titanium alloys, synthetic fiber, new polyethene, composites, and ceramics in cutlery items is also expected to boost the growth of the market.
There are, however, some factors that are restraining the market’s growth. The threat to the environment due to improper disposal of plastics is expected to emerge as the most prominent market restraint. Fluctuating raw material prices are also anticipated to hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
Many opportunities exist in the cutlery market. Edible cutlery, which can be eaten like regular food is expected to open new opportunities in the market. With edible cutlery, the risk of pollution owing to the disposal of plastic cutlery is also minimized.
The global cutlery market can be segmented on the basis of product type, price range, and geography. On the basis of product type, the market can be segmented into metal based and non-metal based. Based on product type, the market is expected to be dominated by metal based cutlery owing to their growing demand from developed economies. The said sub-segment is expected to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. On the basis of price range, the market can be divided into low end, moderate, and high end. Based on price range, the market is expected to be dominated by low end cutlery while also surfacing as the fastest growing sub-segment.
On the basis of geography, the cutlery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America. Europe is expected to hold a major share of the total market owing to its higher adoption, especially in western European economies like Germany, Italy, and France. In the future, the growth of the market in the region is expected to be driven by the unsaturated Eastern European market. In terms of CAGR, the Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing market. This is due to increased adoption of cutlery in countries like China, which hold the majority market share in the region. North America is expected to follow Europe in terms of market share.
The major players in the global cutlery market are BergHOFF, John Boos & Co., Picnic Time, Inc., Melange, KYOCERA International, Inc. and Picnic at Ascot. Other prominent market players include Big Tree Furniture & Industries, Inc., WorldKitchen, LLC, Ginsu, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Hampton Forge, KitchenAid, and Safavieh LLC.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.