Global Customer Data Platform Market - Introduction
- Customer data platform (CDP) is a packaged software that creates a unified, persistent customer database, accessible to other systems. This customer data originates from various sources, to create a particular customer profile. Customer data platform (CDP) provides some functionality of customer engagement and customer behavior.
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Customer Data Platform Market
Lockdown due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across major regions such as Europe, Asia, and North America, has a positive impact on the customer data platform market. Nowadays, individuals are focusing majorly on online activities such as e-commerce, and OTT platforms, which is expected to increase the customer data worldwide. Therefore, this is significantly help organizations to work on customer data platform, which helps them to make marketing strategies more efficiently.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Increasing Demand for Omni-channel Experience: Key Driver of the Customer Data Platform Market
- Omni-channel is a complete and holistic methodology for customer communications over different channels without maintaining and saving customer data. The omni-channel approach provides seamless and smooth customer communication through all channels and keeps the entire consumer data inside the platform so that a third party or agent can easily address their concerns in a proper manner.
- Omni-channel experience is a cross channel methodology that allows various interfaces such as web, social media, and mobile to incorporate for customer engagement. An omni-channel methodology increases the involvement of customers with enterprises, as the entire communication channel is employed in an integrated manner. Hence, this helps in widening the customer database.
- An omni-channel experience also improves user experience as it uses a customer-centric approach. This approach significantly drives the customer data platform market as it provides a broader customer behavior experience for enterprises to implement their marketing strategies more efficiently. An omni-channel methodology is utilized majorly in the retail industry as it facilities inventory management as well as order management by order allocation. Furthermore, consumers are shifting more toward digital resources that significantly help enterprises to adopt an omni-channel methodology.
- Impiger Technologies provides the omni-channel retail solution to streamlines the user’s supply chain management. On the other hand, IBM Corporation provides a three tiered omni-channel methodology for retail as well as banking industry that involves capturing customer data, managing customer engagement systems, and applying suitable actionable insights.
- Therefore, increasing demand for omni-channel experience is significantly driving the growth of the customer data platform market.
High Capital Cost Expected to Hamper the Global Customer Data Platform Market
- Customer expectations increase with developing technologies, and companies have to continuously update their customer engagement solutions to satisfy these expectations.
- The investment cost associated with the modification of customer experience solutions with constantly changing technology is very high and is a short term investment. This makes it difficult for small and medium enterprises to constantly update the solutions according to customer requirements.
- Updating any solution with advance technology makes the solution complex at the backend. Making major changes in these complex solutions is expensive and requires an efficient and highly trained workforce, which is a major investment. Moreover, implementation of security in these advanced solutions is a major concern which also increases expenses considerably. Therefore, high capital cost is expected to hamper the customer data platform market.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Customer Data Platform Market
- In terms of region, the global customer data platform market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global customer data platform market during the forecast period due to growing investments by companies in customer data analytics, growing usage of big data technology, and increasing amount of customer data across various verticals, indicating potential growth of the customer data platform market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for customer data platform from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for customer data platform during the forecast period due to rising spending on advertising & marketing activities by enterprises, specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Global Customer Data Platform Market
- Adobe Inc.
- BlueConic, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Salesforce.com, Inc.
- SAP SE
- SAS Institute
- Teradata Corporation
- The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation
Global Customer Data Platform Market: Research Scope
Global Customer Data Platform Market, by Solutions
- Support & Maintenance
Global Customer Data Platform Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Customer Data Platform Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Retail & E-commerce
- Travel & Tourism
- Media & Entertainment
- IT & Telecom
- Others (Automotive, Agriculture)
Global Customer Data Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.