Crude Tall Oil Market: Introduction
- The material produced during the wood pulp production process is known as crude tall oil. In Swedish, ‘tall’ means ‘pine,’ which denotes crude tall oil, which is produced while pulping of softwood pine trees.
- Black liquor is generated while pulping of pine trees. This is available in the form of residue, which consists of valuable chemicals that are fed back into the pulping process. The remaining residue is in the form of tall oil soap, which is collected at the mills and further process is carried out to make crude tall oil.
- Crude tall oil is the mixture of rosin, fatty acid, and other neutral materials, which form water-in-oil compound and stabilizes mud systems at high bottom-hole temperature
- Crude tall oil can be further purified through the fractionation process to separate it into the components of tall oil resins, tall oil fatty acids, heads, pitch, and distilled tall oil.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Crude Tall Oil Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Crude Tall Oil Processing and Derived Products
- Crude tall oil can be processed through various processes such as distillation, direct energy use, refining, modifying/mixing, and direct use
- The products formed after distilling crude tall oil are tall oil fatty acid (TOFA), tall oil rosin (TOR), distilled tall oil (DTO), tall oil pitch (TOP), and tall oil heads (TOH), which can be further used as fuel additives, adhesives, printing inks, food adhesives, dimer acids, etc.
- After refining, crude tall oil can be used as crude tall diesel and renewable diesel. It can also be used in suspension stabilizers.
Increasing Demand for Biofuel
- Demand for biofuels has been increasing in order to reduce pollution. Biofuel is an environment-friendly substitute to fossil fuel. Biofuels on combustion emit very less pollutants vis-à-vis fossil fuels. On refining of crude tall oil, crude tall diesel or renewable diesel is obtained, which can be used as biofuel in the automotive end-use industry. Furthermore, implementation of government policies to promote the use of biofuel in various countries is anticipated to boost the crude tall oil market in the near future.
Rising Demand for Bio-based Products
- Crude Tall oil is one of the special sources of bio-based products. It is a blend of rosin, neutral compounds and fatty acids, which can be further refined to different fractions such as sterols and fatty acids. These compounds can be used in large variety of products and applications in various consumer and industrial markets. Thus, rise in demand for bio-based products is likely to boost the crude tall oil market.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Crude Tall Oil Market
- Geographically, the crude tall oil market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Europe is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as the region have developed first commercial-scale crude tall oil processing facility. Furthermore, the demand for biofuel in the region is increasing due the government policies and regulations.
- The crude tall oil market North America is likely to expand at a healthy pace in the near future due the demand for bio-based products and biofuel. Asia Pacific is projected to hold moderate share of the market in the near future
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Crude Tall Oil Market here
Key Players in Market
The crude tall oil market top companies
- Kraton Corporation
- Forchem Oyj
- DRT (Dérivés Résiniques et Terpéniques)
- Sunpine AB
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Mercer International
- Pine Chemical Group
- Segezha Group
- OOO Torgoviy Dom Lesokhimik
Global Crude Tall Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Crude Tall Oil Market, by Processed Product
- Distilled Tall Oil
- Tall Oil Fatty Acid
- Tall Oil Rosin
- Tall Oil Pitch
Global Crude Tall Oil Market, by Application
- Painting & Coatings
- Inks & Toners
- Hygiene Commodities
Global Crude Tall Oil Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.