Cross Docking Solutions Market - Introduction
- Cross docking solutions are just-in-time delivery of components, parts, machines, or materials to the manufacturers, or end-users, resulting in reduced storage requirement.
- Suppliers are taking efforts to reduce inventory cost and time required for delivery due to the increased rate of competition in the logistics industry. With the introduction of just-in-time concept, suppliers provide instant delivery of goods which helps end-users reduce inventory cost, and ensures continuity in operations.
- In the backdrop of increasing demand for operation cost reduction across time-sensitive industries, introduction of cross docking solutions allows manufactures to concentrate on the manufacturing process without worrying about the availability of raw materials
- Products which are highly perishable, have constant demand, and which are pre-tagged and are ready to be used are usually suitable for cross docking solutions.
Key Drivers of the Cross Docking Solutions Market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing trend of just-in-time delivery expected to drive the demand for cross docking solutions
- Manufacturers are providing material delivery exactly on time, at the right location, in order to gain competitive advantage. This reduces the storage facility requirement and also cuts down the material handling costs of users. Hence, manufacturers providing cross docking facility are preferred over manufacturers who do not provide just-in-time delivery. This offers significant competitive advantage to manufacturers, and helps them in gaining a larger market share in the cross docking solutions market.
Huge cost involved in material handling and additional management expected to restrain the growth of the cross docking solutions market
- Increased material handling cost borne by manufacturers is one the important factors expected to restrain the growth of the cross docking solutions market.
- Cross docking solutions entail additional cost for material handling and infrastructure; besides, careful management and monitoring is required, which results in increasing the overall cost for the manufacturer.
- This additional cost is expected to be a restraint to the demand for cross docking solutions in the forthcoming years.
North America to dominate the global cross docking solutions market
- North America is expected to account for a notable share of the global cross docking solutions market during the forecast period.
- This dominance is primarily due to the presence of numerous industries in North American countries.
- The market in the U.S. is projected to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period, which in turn is anticipated to drive the cross docking solutions market in the region.
Cross docking solutions market in Asia Pacific to expand significantly
- The cross docking solutions market is expected to expand at the highest rate in the Asia Pacific region
- The reason for cross docking solutions market growth includes the continuous growth in the manufacturing and agricultural industry. Also, the growth of e-commerce in this region is expected to drive the demand for cross docking solutions to a great extent in the forthcoming years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Cross Docking Solutions Market - Competition Landscape
The top five players are expected to account for 30% to 35% share of the global cross docking solutions market. A few of the key players operating in the global cross docking solutions market include:
- A.P. Moller – Maersk
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- CEVA Logistics
- Ryder System, Inc.
- World Distribution Services
A.P. Moller – Maersk
Founded in 1904, A.P. Moller – Maersk is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. The company provides services in transport, logistics, and energy sector. It has presence in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania. The company’s solutions include shipping and cargo services, supply chain services, freight forwarding, and digital solutions.
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
Incorporated in the year 1905, C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. is headquartered in Minnesota, U.S. It provides solutions to various industries including automotive, chemical & material, energy, government & education, and food & beverage. Its operations are scattered in various regions across the globe.
Global Cross Docking Solutions Market- Research Scope
Global Market, by Type
- Manufacturing cross docking
- Distributor cross docking
- Transportation cross docking
- Retail cross docking
- Opportunistic cross docking
Global Cross Docking Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.