Cranberry Powder Market Outlook
Urinary tract infection is the most common bacterial infection worldwide that affects the parts of the urinary system. This urinary tract infection affects all age group and both sexes. Despite these, the incidence of urinary tract infection in adult males aged under 50 years is low. Instead, adults women are usually more susceptible to this infection and have a higher prevalence rate compared to the men. The cranberry powder has a long history of traditional medicinal uses. The cranberry powder is well known for their natural ability to minimize the smell of urine in people who are suffering from incontinence disorder or urinary tract infection problem. Cranberry powder also helps in reducing the risk of bladder infections, the risk of cancers, lower blood pressure, and improve the immune system. Moreover, due to the rich phytonutrient properties of cranberry powder, it is well suitable for products designed to support dental health, cardiovascular, healthy digestion, and skin care. It has been witnessed that regular consumption of cranberry powder can help in boosting memory, depression or anxiety, relieve stress, and weight management. Cranberry powder can also be added to various food products to enhance their nutrients and other health benefits.
Reasons for Covering Cranberry Powder Market Title
Accelerating demand for cranberry food and beverages, clean label products, expanding consumer awareness, increase in consumption of low-calorie berries, growing need for dietary supplements are the factors influencing the growth of the cranberry powder market in the near future. Additionally, benefits associated with cranberry powder such as excellent source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, manganese, high in antioxidants, support healthy prostate, blood sugar levels, beneficial for intestinal flora, liver, and kidney functions coupled with companies are seeking for various certifications such as Kosher, halal, USDA certified organic to expand their market share in cranberry powder market globally are some other factors fueling the growth of the cranberry powder market during the forecast period. However, the availability of alternative products in the market apart from cranberry powder along with various government regulations may hamper the growth of cranberry powder market in the near future.
Global Cranberry Powder: Market Segmentation
On the basis of source, the global cranberry powder market has been segmented as –
- Organic Cranberry Powder
- Conventional Cranberry Powder
On the basis of application, the global cranberry powder market has been segmented as –
- Food & Beverages
- Fruit Juices
On the basis of process type, the global cranberry powder market has been segmented as –
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global cranberry powder market has been segmented as –
- Store-Based Retailing
- Convenience Stores
- Discount Stores
- Food and Drink Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- Online Retailer
- Store-Based Retailing
Global Cranberry Powder Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global cranberry powder market are FutureCeuticals, Inc., Nature's Way Products LLC, Nubeleaf, Inc., Naturex-DBS LLC, Pharmavite LLC, Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc., Gaia Herbs Inc., Amway Ltd., Swisse Wellness Pty Ltd., The Green Labs LLC, Decas Cranberry Products, Inc., and others.
In 2013, Naturex-DBS LLC introduced a novel USDA NOP certified organic cranberry powder ‘Pacran Organic’ in the US to expand its cranberry powder range targeting people suffering from urinary tract infection health problem. This novel cranberry powder product is a proprietary blend of the whole fruit to offers a full spectrum benefits associated with the whole cranberry.
Cranberry powder is an alternative to conventional antibiotic therapy and has natural healing powerhouse, increasing the prevalence of urinary tract infections, growing demand for organic food products, and rise in per capita consumption of dietary supplements are some of the leading factors driving the growth of the global cranberry powder market. Moreover, cranberry powder helps to maintain health and vitality of the skin, and expanding demand for functional foods and beverages is expected to grow the cranberry powder market during the forecast period. According to an independent study published in Current Bioactive Compounds, doses of 500 or 1,000 milligrams of cranberry powder per day helps in reducing the recurrence of urinary tract infection by 35% to 65% respectively.
Opportunities for Global Cranberry Powder Market Participants
The cranberry is a fruit native to North America with around 98% of the fruit is cultivated in the United States and Canada. Thus, growing consumer awareness, increasing trade of cranberry globally, consumers are shifting away from chemically modified products, demand for organic products along with growing trend of product premiumization and frequently launch of novel products are the primary factor accelerating the growth of the cranberry powder market.
Brief Approach to Research
TMR will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the type, application, and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.