Craft Supplies: Introduction
- Craft supplies are craft materials or tools used for creating crafts. The different types of craft supplies available in the market include paint, scissors, writing pens, pencils, paint brushes, markers, paper punch, and craft sticks.
- Increasing demand for handmade and luxurious art items, rising crafts activities in schools, and personal interest in creativity, is expected to spur the craft supplies market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Craft Supplies Market
- Craft activity helps to develop agility and dexterity among children. Also, due to increase in disposable income, parents are indulging their children in craft activities to boost their confidence, increase artistic skills, and enhance their creativity by interacting and participating with others in art classes. All these factors are expected to help in increasing the demand for craft supplies.
- Institutions such as schools, and classes are focusing on extra curriculum activities such as art and crafts which include activities such as holding a paint brush, coloring, etc. These actions help to strengthen muscles and develops fine motor skills in the user, which is expected to create healthy demand for craft supplies.
- The DIY trend, self-isolation due to Covid-19, increasing home-based businesses, and rising artistic work have created demand for different craft supplies. Also, various programs by missionaries and non-profit organizations such as White Rainbow Project, Lifetouch Artistry, Craft Aid, African Hope Crafts, and Baptist Friendship House, the well house for providing employment to exploited and needy people across the world, has boosted the demand for craft supplies, thus propelling the market growth.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has affected the market due to work stoppage and unavailability of raw materials, but slowly the market is recovering with ease in restrictions on supply and transportation. In addition, manufacturers are collaborating with distributors, suppliers, and online platforms to develop the growth of the craft supplies market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Craft Supplies Market
- In terms of region, the craft supplies market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific accounted for largest clientele in the craft supplies market. One of the major factors driving the demand for craft supplies in this region is the growing demand for paper and paper products. Also, rising demand for decorative items in offices and from residents has provided growth impetus for the market. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to be followed by the markets in North America and Europe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Craft Supplies Market
- Crayola LLC
- Elemer’s- Newell Office Brands
- Gelli Arts
- Kokuyo Camlin Ltd.
- Little Birdie
- Mont Marte
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- Scratch-Art Co., Inc.
- STAEDTLER Mars GmbH & Co. KG
Craft Supplies Market: Research Scope
Craft Supplies Market, by Product Type
- Oil Pastels
- Pencil Colors
- Stationary accessories
- Craft Papers
- Paint Brushes
- Craft sticks
- Paper Plates
- Others (Glitters, etc.)
Craft Supplies Market, by Price
Craft Supplies Market, by End-user
- Art & Craft Colleges
- Others (Art & Craft Classes, etc.)
Craft Supplies Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Others Retail Stores
Craft Supplies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!