Global Craft Beer Market: Overview
A microbrewery or a craft brewery refers to a brewery that makes beer in small quantities. Beer produced in microbreweries is much smaller in scale as compared to corporate breweries and independent individuals own those breweries. Such breweries are usually known for their high quality beer with excellent flavor and they are also characterized with their brewing techniques. The global craft beer market is expected to be driven by the increasing demand for the product in different parts of the world, such as in countries like Brazil, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa. The changing preference of consumers toward alcohol by volume (ABV) and flavored beer is likely to expand the growth of the global craft beer market in the years to come.
The rising awareness amongst the consumers regarding the availability of wide range of styles and flavors of the craft beer together with low alcohol by volume percentage is likely to propel growth of the global craft beer market in the years to come. Furthermore, there has been a shift in consumer preference, which is more inclined toward regular beer now. Nevertheless, there has been an advancement in the process of brewing and there is more utilization of high quality raw material, which has bettered the overall quality of the finished product. This factor has garnered the attention of customers, which is likely to bolster growth of the global craft beer market in the years to come.
Product type, distribution channels, age group, and region are the four important parameters based on which the global craft beer market has been categorized. Such dissection of the market comes with the purpose to offer stakeholders with a detailed and clear analysis of the global craft beer market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Craft Beer Market: Notable Developments
One of the developments that offer a glimpse of the market dynamics about the global craft beer market is mentioned below:
- In February 2018, Belgium-based leading producer of beer Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV or AB InBev, introduced Lisa, premium Italian beer, in the UK. The product comes with the flavor of honey balanced with a clean, dry finish or soft bitterness. Such innovative products are likely to diversify the product portfolio of the company and widen its reach.
Some of the prominent organizations in the global craft beer market include the below-mentioned:
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- The Gambrinus Company
- Stone & Wood Brewing Co.
- The Boston Beer Company
- Anheuser-Busch InBev,
- The Lagunitas Brewing Company
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Global Craft beer Market, ask for a customized report
Global Craft Beer Market: Key Trends
The global craft beer market is characterized by the presence of the following restraints, drivers, and opportunities.
Increased Sale through On-trade Distribution to Drive Growth of the Market
The global craft beer market is likely to be influenced by its rising sale through on-trade distribution. This type of distribution channel refers to the sale of alcoholic drinks in pubs, clubs, restaurants, bars, and various other distribution channels in the hospitality sector. The on-trade craft beer is usually costlier than the ones found on off-trade distribution. The off-trade distribution refers to the sale of beer through online store, wholesalers, and retail stores. The sale of craft beer through on-trade distribution platforms is likely to observe considerable growth in developed countries as these beers are costly and people in developed countries are willing to pay more for these premium products. Sale through off-line platforms are likely to witness growth in the developing countries due to the medium to low spending power of the people in the region.
People these days mostly opt for low alcohol by volume beverages. There has been a rising preference for the low-alcohol or no-alcohol beverages amongst the health conscious people. Besides, now there is an increased availability of a wide variety of products with varied tastes, such as ciders and low alcohol beers, which is likely to influence the expansion of the global craft beer market in the years to come. Besides, there has been an emerging trend of consumers willing to try out new flavors, which is likely to augur well for the market in the times to come.
Global Craft Beer Market: Geographical Analysis
Driven by India and China, Asia Pacific is likely to experience development in the global craft beer market over the period of assessment. Increasing demand for beer together with the disposable income of the people is likely to add to the growth of the craft beer market in Asia Pacific. Expansion of activities of the major companies in the Asia Pacific region has led to a rise in the number of craft breweries in the region. Rapid urbanization of the Asia Pacific is likely to amplify growth opportunities for the craft beer market in the region.
In the Europe craft beer market, various countries such as Sweden are likely to observe growth over the period of forecast. Major companies are planning expansion in Europe due to rising demand for craft beer in the region, which is likely to play an important role in the growth of the craft beer market in the region in the years to come.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.