The World Health Organization (WHO) states that the worldwide prevalence of obesity has more than doubled itself since 1980. In 2014 the WHO reported that more than 600 million adults aged 18 years and above were obese. The increasing incidence of obesity and other health disorders spurred by insalubrious diet and lifestyle has become a global concern. Such growing awareness regarding health and wellness is a key factor giving impetus to the global crackers market.
Usually made of multi-grain and flour, crackers constitute the core of the consumer segment in the food industry that is driven by health and wellness concerns. These consumers are mostly attracted to snacks processed from healthy ingredients such as legumes, vegetables, ancient grains, and high protein foods. With leading vendors continuing to launch more variants of healthy crackers, the market is expected to exhibit substantial growth in the near future. The four most popular categories of crackers available in the market are flaked soda crackers, graham crackers, cheese crackers, and others. Based on geography, the market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
The report studies and presents an executive level blueprint of the global crackers market. The report analyzes the market on three fronts: application, end user, and industry vertical. Each of these segments are further sub-segmented on which a detailed analysis is conducted. The report also provides the growth forecasts for these segments.
Overview of the Crackers Market
The global crackers market is likely to demonstrate a positive CAGR between 2016 and 2023. The consumption of crackers has increased considerably around the world. These healthy snacks are available in different varieties and flavors, which subsequently has fuelled their popularity in the global market. Since, crackers are made from nutritional ingredients, they are increasingly preferred over other snacks for household consumption.
The most prominent names in the restaurant industry have also included crackers as popular snacks in their menu. Served alongside wine, soups, sea-foods, and salads, the growth prospects for crackers in the next few years seem very impressive.
Despite the crackers market witnessing rapid innovation and the entry of new competitors, comforting and old-fashioned crackers still dominate the market mainstay. However, inadequate awareness about the presentation and preparation of crackers and their insignificant shelf presence in retail stores are the key factors limiting the global crackers market. Besides, awareness pertaining to the usage of crackers is limited to niche markets in developed countries. Nevertheless, shifting lifestyle preference of middle class population in emerging economies of Asia Pacific such as India and China in the next few years will boost the growth opportunities for the market.
Companies mentioned in the research report
Demand in the global crackers market is driven by the changing dietary preferences and health considerations of the global consumers. The profitability of the key players in this market, therefore, is determined in terms of effective marketing, operational efficiency, and strong sales force. While large companies enjoy an upper hand in purchase, distribution, and marketing, smaller companies can attain competitiveness by manufacturing high-end and sugar-free crackers. Some of the key companies in the crackers market profiled in the report are M.Y.San, Nestle, Kellogg's, Mondelez International, Captain's Wafers, Natures Pear, Bremner Biscuit Company, and Keebler Company.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.