Countersink Market: Introduction
- A countersink is a tool for cutting a conical hole in an object. A frequent application is to allow the head of a countersink bolt or screw to rest flat with or below the surface when inserted into a hole. Burrs left behind from drilling or tapping operations can also be removed with countersinks. The market for countersinks is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period across the globe.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Countersink Market
- A countersink is suitable for printed circuit boards used in a device with limited space. This is because the countersink hole is conical in form, requiring less depth, and the flat screw-head surface may be flush with the PCB surface. Countersinks may also be installed with better accuracy, which is useful when working on tiny circuit boards like those found in smartphones and watches. Countersinks can also be installed more quickly, making them the better choice in most repair circumstances. The market for countersinks is thus likely to have a positive growth curve during the forecast period.
- Manufacturers of countersinks are continually investing in research and development to produce countersink tools that meet the unique requirements of various industries and applications. Furthermore, manufacturers are becoming more aware of their customers' demands and requirements, and are assisting them in obtaining what they want. During the forecast period, these factors are likely to boost the countersink market.
- The counter bore often has a stronger grip than the countersink. A counter bore is a flat-bottomed cylindrical hole that enlarges another coaxial hole, or the tool used to create that feature. A counter bore is utilized to improve the situation when a stronger connection between the screw and the surface is required. Strong points associated with counter bore compared to countersink is expected to hamper the countersink market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Countersink Market
- In terms of region, the countersink market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific currently holds major share of the global countersink market and is further expected to remain the largest market during the forecast period. Growing population, urbanization, industrialization, and rise in disposable income are key growth drivers of the construction industry in the region. Countersinks find wide range of applications in the construction industry. The rising construction industry of the region is expected to contribute positively toward the growth of the countersink market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Countersink Market Include:
- BDS Maschinen GmbH
- CERIN S.p.A.
- DWT GmbH
- Echaintool Precision Co., Ltd.
- Fraisa SA
- Granlund Tools AB
- HEULE Werkzeug AG
- Izar Cutting Tools S.A.L.
- RUKO GmbH
- Utensileria Carmon Srl
Global Countersink Market: Research Scope
Global Countersink Market, by Application
- Mechanical Manufacturing
- Building Construction
- Others (Furniture Industry, etc.)
Global Countersink Market, by Price
Global Countersink Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Stores
Global Countersink Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa