Display Market: An Overview
POP displays refer to point-of-purchase displays, which are used as promotional and marketing tools for enhancing brand visibility, eventually leading to product sales. These displays increase the merchandising effectiveness of the stores. Counter POP displays are amongst the most commonly used POP displays for in-store displays, particularly in small retail stores.
The use of counter POP display influences the purchase decisions of the customers by drawing attention to specific brands in the pool of products. This additional marketing provides a huge impact on the sales of these brands, as showcasing their benefits provides a boost in their demand.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Counter POP Display Market: Dynamics
The evolution of the retail industry has shaped the dynamics of the counter POP display market. As the retail sector is becoming more organized, the demand for promotional displays is witnessing an increase in both developed and developing regions. The global counter POP display market is highly correlated with the growth of the organized retail sector. The rise in the middle-class population coupled with increasing per capita disposable income is expected to fuel the demand for organized retail during the forecast period. Also, many developing countries now permit foreign direct investment in the retail sector. This is anticipated to lead to a well-established retail industry, particularly in developing economies, thereby increasing the sales of counter POP displays in the year to come.
Furthermore, in-store marketing is emerging as a cost-effective marketing and branding tool for marketers. Brand owners are looking to increase their budget for branding and promotion through custom made counter POP display units. Manufacturers of counter POP displays are therefore targeting business segments with retail merchandising and branding objectives. Counter POP displays, with high-quality printing and designs, act as an effective means of marketing and promotion for the consumer products inside the store.
However, the benefits of using e-commerce platforms for day-to-day purchases include convenience, reduced time, reduced risk of loss and theft, and ease of tracking payments, etc. These have reduced the footprints of in-store shoppers to some extent, which in turn, has hampered the revenue of multinational retail outlets. Thus, the use of e-commerce for shopping might restrict the demand for in-store promotional displays, including counter POP displays.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Counter POP Display Market: Segmentation
Globally the counter POP display market is segmented by material, end-uses, and region.
By material, the global counter POP display market has been segmented as follows
- Corrugated Board
By end-uses, the global counter POP display market has been segmented as follows
- Hyper Market
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
Counter POP Display Market: Regional Outlook
The demand for counter POP displays is driven by the steady demand for cost-effective merchandising solutions across the globe. Developed countries such as the US, Canada, UK, Germany, and other European countries have a well-established chain of retail giants such as Walmart, Costco, Kroger, and others; thus these are expected to be amongst the top end-users of counter POP displays. However, Asia Pacific is expected to represent remunerative opportunities for the growth of counter POP display market as the demand for consumer durables and fast-moving consumer goods are surging in the region. This surge is attributable to the increased purchasing power of the working class urban population. In addition to this, the intensifying retail network in the Middle-East & African region is likely to provide a wide consumer base for the counter POP display market in the years to come.
Counter POP Display Market: Key Players & Market Structure Analysis
Some of the key players operating in the global counter POP display market Smurfit Kappa Group PLC, DS Smith Plc, Excel Displays & Packaging (Georgia-Pacific LLC), WestRock Company, Sonoco Products Company, Pratt Industries Inc., Creative Displays (Great Northern Corporation), FFR Merchandising Company, and Avante Point-Of-Purchase Displays among others.
The global counter POP display market is estimated to be a fragmented market with top manufacturers accounting for nearly 15-20% of the global market. A credible threat from new entrants is present due to low entry barriers. The easy availability of raw materials coupled with technological know-how has resulted in low entry barriers. Therefore, the threat of new entrants in the counter POP display market is likely to shift from medium to low in the next five years.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.