Costume jewelry, a type of jewelry, is made of inexpensive materials compared to precious materials such as diamond, gold, platinum, and others such as gems and pearls. Costume jewelry is also known as fake jewelry, fashion jewelry, trinkets, imitation jewelry, and junk jewelry. It is manufactured using raw materials such as beads, metals, glass, synthetic stones, ivory, plastic, semi-precious stones, and others. Other raw materials used in manufacturing of costume jewelry are backings, pins, and fabricated metals. Pearls and semi-precious metals such as brass, silver, and aluminum, are also used in manufacturing of costume jewelry. Costume jewelry is popular particularly among women, corporate employees, and teenagers.
Fluctuating price of gold and rise in price of gold, diamond, and other precious materials are the key drivers of the costume jewelry market. Costume jewelry is cheaper than jewelry made of gold or other precious materials. Rise in fashion consciousness, adoption of western culture, and increase in disposable income of people are expected to drive the global costume jewelry market during the forecast period. Moreover, availability of trendy, colored stone jewelry and various types of costume jewelry at low price is anticipated to boost the demand for costume jewelry across the world in the next few years. Costume jewelry involves low maintenance cost and can be safely carried, which is not the case with real jewelry. These factors are expected to propel the growth of the market in the near future.
In addition, changes in lifestyle and inclination of people toward artistic appearance are anticipated to drive the growth of the global costume jewelry market during the forecast period. However, growing security concerns, particularly at airports, and rise in concerns associated with trade laws and imports and exports are expected to hamper the growth of global costume jewelry market. In addition, rise in prices of raw materials, owing to unorganized supply chain management, is anticipated to restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period. Nevertheless, costume jewelry, owing to its low cost of manufacturing, is likely to generate significant opportunities for the market players in the next few years.
The global costume jewelry market can be classified based on product, end-user, distribution channel, and region. Based on product, the market can be segmented into earrings, pendants, necklaces, anklets, brooches, finger rings, bangles, toe rings, and others such as bracelets, cufflinks, chains, studs, etc. In terms of end-user, the costume jewelry market can be categorized into women, men, and teenagers.
Based on distribution channel, the market can be classified into e-commerce websites, suppliers, retailers, distributors, supermarkets, hypermarkets, independent stores, specialty stores, and multi-brand boutiques. Based on region, the global costume jewelry market can be categorized into North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Italy, Germany, Russia, the U.K., Sweden, Spain, and Poland), Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, New Zealand, Australia, and Southeast Asia), Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Major players operating in global costume jewelry market include Zara, The Colibri group, Swarovski Group, Swank Inc, PRADA, Buckley Jewellery Ltd, LVMH Mot Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, H.Stern Com & Ind.S.A., K&M Accessories, Cartier S.A, Halcyon Days, Billig Jewelers Inc., Hennes & Mauritz, Stuller Inc., Avon Products, H & M, Buckley London, Guess, Inc, Gianni Versac, and Giorgio Armani. These players are focused on improving their market position by expanding their distribution network. Manufacturers are enhancing their research and development capabilities and making efforts to improve the quality, packaging, and design of their products. They are also focusing on innovative products, such as, costume jewelry in various types, sizes, and shapes, raw materials, and attractive designs. This is likely to lead to the introduction of advanced products in the costume jewelry market during the forecast period.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.