- Cosmetic dyes are a type of cosmetic additive that imparts color to various cosmetic products such as hair oil, lotions, lipsticks, nail enamels, soaps, and eye colors
- Cosmetic dyes exist in two forms: natural and synthetic. Synthetic cosmetic dyes are widely utilized across all cosmetic applications. Synthetic cosmetic dyes exhibit better stability properties and impart more intense color. Moreover, manufacturing cost of synthetic cosmetic dyes is lower than that of natural cosmetic dyes. However, demand for natural cosmetic dyes expected to grow at a higher pace, as they are less harmful to the skin.
- Majority of cosmetic dyes available in the market are ether oil-based, water-based, and solvent-based. Solvent-based cosmetic dyes are employed in nail enamels and skin toners applications, while oil- and water-based cosmetic dyes are used in cosmetic products such as lotions, hair oil, and lipsticks.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Cosmetic Dyes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of cosmetic dyes market
- Increasing use of cosmetic dyes in toiletries, skin care, and hair care products is driving the global cosmetic dyes market
- Increasing preference for hair color, such as permanent or temporary, is expected to raise the demand for cosmetic dyes during the forecast period. Additionally, rising research activities in the field of demi-permanent hair color with no ammonia formulation expected to fuel the demand for cosmetic dyes during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness about the quality of facial cosmetic products such as wrinkle treatment and premium lotions, among the young as well as geriatric population is another factor boosting the global cosmetic dyes market
Continuous advertisement of beauty products through online retailing to offer attractive opportunities
- Consistent rise in online marketing of beauty products, advertisement of products through social media, and rising appetite for premium beauty products are expected to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of cosmetic dyes.
- Increasing importance of natural ingredients in cosmetic products, typically in developed economies, such as those in North America and Western Europe, is likely to boost the demand for organic and herbal products. This, in turn, is likely to offer significant opportunity to manufacturers of natural cosmetic dyes.
Regulations on cosmetic dyes to hamper cosmetic dyes market
- Rising regulations on certain color additives that are harmful to skin and can create certain health issues is estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period
- For instance, coal-tar based hair dyes and dyes containing lead acetate are regulated under The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) agency.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Cosmetic Dyes Market here
Asia Pacific expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period
In terms of region, the demand for cosmetic dyes can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading region, in terms of consumption of cosmetic dyes. Rising disposable income, due to improving economic conditions, coupled with growing importance of personal grooming among working women with higher incomes is boosting the demand for cosmetic dyes in the region.
- Economies in North America and Europe are mature and are likely to grow moderately during the forecast period. Rising demand for premium cosmetic products, such as oil-based lipsticks, and serums, among the rising geriatric population is fueling the demand for cosmetic dyes in North America and Europe.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rising consumer spending on health & beauty products with high per capita income across the UAE and Brazil is expected to boost the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
Key players operating in the Cosmetic dyes market
Merger & acquisition and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by leading companies operating in the cosmetic dyes market. For instance, in 2018, Aakash Chemicals & Dye-Stuffs, Inc., a leading manufacturer of cosmetic dyes, based in the U.S. acquired Sandream Impact, LLC, a supplier of colorants and other specialty chemicals to the cosmetic, personal care, and nutritional industry.
Key players operating in the global cosmetic dyes market include
- Sensient Cosmetic Technologies
- Arlex Chemi Pvt. Ltd.
- DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd
- Chromatech Incorporated
- Pylam Products Company, Inc.
- Organic Dyes & Pigments LLC (ORCO)
- Aakash Chemicals and Dyestuffs
- Goldmann Group
- Synthesia, a.s.
- JAGSON COLORCHEM Ltd
- WeylChem International GmbH
- Kiri Industries Ltd.
- REXZA COLOURS
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market: Research Scope
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Product Type
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Technology
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Form
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Application
- Hair Care
- Facial Care
- Eye Makeup Products
- Lip Care
- Nail Products
- Others (special purpose cosmetics)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.