Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market - Recyclability is the New USP
As the packaging industry bears the brunt of 'sustainability concerns', manufacturers have no choice but to adhere to the environmental books, and yet, devise innovative solutions in this confined space. Moving a step ahead from plastic material to complete the dual quest for eco-friendliness and recyclability, manufacturers are observed taking an innovative approach to achieve high sales of glass-based solutions for the packaging of cosmetics and perfumes.
Manufacturers in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market are realizing the fact that, glass is 100% recyclable with a very low carbon profile, and sizeable efforts are being dedicated to recover more materials for reuse. According to a report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) on the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, quality, visual appeal, and durability will occupy a common spot on the labels of glass bottles, while the recyclability and eco-friendly attributes of glass packaging will remain prominent differentiators.
As consumer preference for packaging solutions changes from aesthetic appeal to functionality, glass performs mediocrely on the scales of 'convenience'. Given the fragile and bulky attributes of glass bottles, consumers need to take ample care while traveling with these bottles, as even a tiny crack can lead to breakage or loss of cosmetics and perfumes.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Cosmetic & Perfume Glass Packaging Market
Market Consolidation Mantra: Invest in R&D Activities to Advance in the Landscape
Innovation is the only constant parameter in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, as manufacturers operating at all scales work towards distinguishing their products. With millennials being the key demography for the cosmetic and perfume market, focus on the development of youth-friendly glass packaging solutions is increasing.
Glass bottles with unique designs stand out on the shelves of supermarkets, which has instigated manufacturers to leverage technology. In recent times, 3D printing technology has been gaining grounds in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, as printing technology offers the desired shape, size, and design to glass bottles.
Also, considering the reluctance of consumers towards the purchase of products contained in a glass bottle, on account of their fragility, manufacturers are investing resources towards the development of unbreakable solutions. A key market player, Verescene, announced the launch of unbreakable glass bottles, which can withstand the impact of falling from a height of 1.8 meters.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Actionable Strategies for Players in the Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market
In the fragmented cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, leading players hold a rich product portfolio and huge global mass, while prominent companies boast technological prowess and benefit by catering to local markets.
Given the growing focus of consumers on personality enhancement products, the number of beauty parlors and salons are on the rise, which ensures promising sales opportunities for cosmetic products and fragrances. Market players can enter into a long-term partnership with these end-users, and take into consideration their personalized requirements to enjoy a marginal growth in the landscape.
Since modern businesses operate on the very principles of a circular economy model, manufacturers can collaborate with suppliers that recycle glass materials in order to upkeep the 'sustainability quotient' of their glass packaging solutions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Cosmetic & Perfume Glass Packaging Market”
Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market: Analysts’ View
Authors of the report opine that, the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market will grow from ~US$ 5 Bn in 2019 to ~US$ 7.2 Bn in 2027, and magnified focus on the marketing of products in cosmetics and perfume industries will remain a crucial growth influencer. Investments in the Asia Pacific cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market will offer high RoI potential, as the populace here shows a marked proclivity for grooming products, which will complement the demand for aesthetically-appealing packaging solutions. Besides a wide population to cater to, Asia Pacific is home to a huge millennial population base, which serves as the key demography for end-use industries, thereby creating significant avenues for the penetration of distinguished solutions in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market.
Premiumization of Cosmetic Products at the Core of Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market Growth
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market for the historical period of 2014 - 2018 and forecast period of 2019 - 2027, rising inclination of perfume manufacturers to achieve enhanced aesthetic appeal and steady demand for grooming & personal care products are projected to drive the growth of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market.
- Globally, revenue generated by the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market has been estimated to be ~US$ 5 Bn in 2019, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% in terms of value during the forecast period.
Beauty Influencers on Social Media Changing the Dynamics of Product Packaging
- With the increase in online shopping, the dynamics of product packaging and shipping have evolved, which has positively affected the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market. Furthermore, the number of beauty influencers has risen rapidly in the past few years, which is expected to play a key role in the growth of the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market.
- Increased engagement between the millennial population and these influencers has made cosmetics companies keen to ensure that they offer competitive cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions so that their products gain traction on social media, which is likely to boost the sales of cosmetic and perfume glass packaging formats.
Rising Demand for Skincare and Men’s Grooming Products
- The demand for male grooming products and anti-aging products has seen a surge in recent years. With rising disposable incomes of the urban middle class, expenditure on skincare has significantly risen in the past few years. All this growth has translated into hiked demand for cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions, which is expected to continue in the next decade too.
- Moreover, Korean beauty products have gained traction in recent years, and continue to influence the global cosmetics market. This, in turn, is expected to translate into the growth of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market. Apart from their unique formulations, their innovative cosmetic and perfume glass packaging formats have aided them in acquiring major shelf space.
Inclination of Cosmetic and Perfume Manufacturers towards Glass Containers
- Cosmetic and perfume manufacturers prefer glass jars and bottles for packaging, as glass offers superior containment properties and is compatible with different product formulations. They aim to achieve product differentiation by using innovative cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions.
- Prada’s fragrance bottles are decorated using a pad printing operation, which further highlights the engraving.
- Verescence, one of the leading manufacturers of cosmetic and perfume glass packaging products, provides unbreakable glass and mineral glass. These unbreakable glass bottles are capable of withstanding the impact of falling from a height of 1.8 meters.
Eco-friendly Attributes of Glass Packaging to Propel Demand
- The increased preference for sustainable packaging solutions is expected to boost the sales of cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions, globally.
- Heinz Glas offers the Kingsline jar with wooden caps. The inner part of the cap contains recycled plastic, which supplements the manufacturer’s objective of incorporating eco-friendly materials in their cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions
- Garnier and Gerresheimer have together developed a cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solution that contains 40% recycled glass.
Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market: Key Findings
- The up to 50 ml segment is anticipated to be the most rewarding segment in the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the carrying convenience and affordability that it offers. Also, the middle-class population in emerging markets buys less, but more often. They tend to prefer smaller packs with high value for low price, thereby becoming significant contributors to the growth of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market.
- By product, the bottles segment of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market accounted for ~ 60% share in the year 2018. Cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to cater to the customized needs of brand owners.
- Among the various applications of cosmetic and perfume glass packaging solutions, the skincare segment is expected to represent an incremental opportunity of ~US$ 930 Mn by 2027. With increasing expenditure on beauty treatments and services by professionals, the skincare segment of the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging is expected to witness healthy growth in the years to come.
Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market: Competitive Landscape
- Key players in the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market are -
- Gerresheimer AG
- Swallowfield Plc
- Libo Cosmetics Company, Ltd.
- Coverpla S.A.
- Aptar Group, Inc.
- Quadpack Ltd.
- Saverglass sas.
- Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Şişecam Group
- ZIGNAGO VETRO S.p.A.
- Pochet SAS
- Piramal Glass Private Limited
- Albea S.A
- Verescence France SASU
- Fusion Packaging
- HCP Packaging
- Premi spa
- Continental Bottle Co. Limited
- Stölzle Glass Group
- Rise Cosmetic Packaging Co., Ltd.
- The bargaining power of suppliers is likely to be low in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, due to the presence of several regional players such as Pochet SAS, Verescence France SASU, HCP Packaging, and others.
Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market: Scope of the Study
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, providing forecasts for the period of 2019-2027. In the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market study, lucrative opportunities are seen for cosmetic and perfume glass packaging. The report enumerates valuable insights to enable readers in making winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report sheds light on the significant factors that are constantly shaping the growth of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends & developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market size in 2027?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative for the growth of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market?
- Which end-use industry is most preferred for cosmetic and perfume glass packaging? What was its market size in 2019?
- Who are the major customers for cosmetic and perfume glass packaging?
- What is the market share comparison between different sources in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market?
- What will be the growth rate of cosmetic and perfume glass packaging in 2021?
Key indicators associated with the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market have been evaluated thoroughly in the report. The study highlights vital market dynamics such as the key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market. A comprehensive study on the supply chain of the global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market has also been encompassed in the report.
Other key aspects laid down in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market include the pricing strategy of leading market players. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenario of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market have been encompassed in the report to understand the future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market has been provided on the basis of capacity, application, product, and region. The report also renders imperative numbers such as historical and forecast size of various segments of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been delivered in the report. The cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market has been analyzed at both, regional and country levels.
The report provides an exhaustive evaluation on the structure of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all the leading companies profiled in the report. A company share analysis on cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix on the profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. The report also highlights key end users for cosmetic and perfume glass packaging.
A realistic methodology along with a holistic approach makes the base for incisive insights provided in the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market report for the study evaluation period. This TMR report comprises detailed information on the growth prospects of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging industry, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research has been employed to garner incisive insights into the forecast study of the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market. The report on the cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market has further gone through cross-validation by in-house professionals to make it one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Cosmetic and Perfume Glass Packaging Market: Segmentation
The global cosmetic and perfume glass packaging market has been bifurcated on the basis of capacity, material, product, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers a holistic view of the industry.