Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market: Overview
- Copper ammonium carbonate is an inorganic fungicide primarily utilized for wood treatment and in copper tolerant crops such as wheat, tomato, barley, sugarbeet, cherries, carrots, strawberries, almonds, apples, lettuce, and bananas. The fungicide is available in aqueous solution formulation in the market.
- Copper ammonium carbonate fungicide is utilized as a broad spectrum fungicide employed against eyespot, early leaf spots (Mycosphaerella arachidis), Fusarium spp., net blotches, phoma leaf spots, powdery mildew, Septoria nodorum, Rhynchosporium secalis, Sclerotium rolfsii, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum, Septoria tritici, and rust and tan spots. Copper ammonium carbonate fungicide is phytotoxic in nature and must be employed after dilution with water.
- Copper ammonium carbonate fungicide is applied through seed treatment or foliar application. It is a systemic fungicide that acts as a curative, preventive, as well as eradicative solution. After being absorbed, copper ammonium carbonate fungicide moves to the target fungal cells and interferes with sterol synthesis, leading to membrane disruption of the target pathogen. Copper ammonium carbonate fungicide is toxic to aquatic flora and has low bio-accumulation potential. Prolonged exposure may cause skin and eye irritation in humans.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Copper Ammonium Carbonate market
- Copper ammonium carbonate fungicide is primarily used as a broad spectrum fungicide for use on wheat barley, oats, oilseed rape, rye, and durum wheat. It is extensively used by Indian wheat farmers and other well irrigated crops. Copper ammonium carbonate is sold in combined formulation with several other fungicides such as fluoxastrobin, spiroxamine, tebuconazole, trifloxystrobin, bifaxen, and floupyram.
- The copper ammonium carbonate market is driven by rise in demand for food among the global population and decrease in arable land. Increase in food security concerns and limited arable land area are putting pressure on farmers to increase yield to meet the global demand.
- Growth in awareness about the harmful effects of fungicides and other toxic agrochemicals among the general population; and stringent environmental regulations, especially in developed countries of North America and Europe, are expected to hamper the global copper ammonium carbonate market. The opposition to use chemicals in agriculture has caused a shift toward organic farming and development of better and less harmful substitutes for these chemicals.
Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market: Segmentation
- The global copper ammonium carbonate market can be segmented based on type and application
- Based on type, the copper ammonium carbonate market can be classified into agricultural grade and industrial grade. The agriculture grade segment held major share of the global market in 2020.
- In terms of application, the copper ammonium carbonate market can be categorized into agriculture, industrial, and others. The agriculture segment held major share in 2020 due to extensive use of copper ammonium carbonate as a fungicide in the agricultural industry, especially in crops containing high copper content such as wheat, barley, durum wheat, and oats.
Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global copper ammonium carbonate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is one of the key regions of the global copper ammonium carbonate market. High demand for copper ammonium carbonate, especially in the well irrigated southern land in the Mississippi and Missouri areas of the U.S., is driving the market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is the largest consumer of copper ammonium carbonate fungicide due to its large population base. Major agricultural economies including China, India, and Indonesia are the major consumers of copper ammonium carbonate fungicide for application in a variety of crops. Two of the most populated countries, China and India, are situated in Asia. Both these countries are growing rapidly and witnessing rising disposable income and purchase power parity of the general population. This is expected to drive the demand for food grains, thereby driving the demand for copper ammonium carbonate fungicide. Major market players have established their production facilities in Asia owing to the availability of cheap labor and land; and comparatively lenient norms and regulations on chemicals.
- Brazil, South Africa, and Central Africa account for major share of the market in Middle East & Africa
COVID-19 Impact on Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global copper ammonium carbonate market. Restriction on the mobility of people across borders and lockdowns have led to labor shortages in the agricultural sectors in many countries. Disruption of the supply chain has increased the shortage for agricultural products such as seeds, fertilizer, and pesticides. Measures such as social distancing have impacted operations. However, recovery of demand in the agricultural sector across the globe after lockdowns is likely to boost the copper ammonium carbonate market in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global copper ammonium carbonate market has a moderately competitive landscape. It is dominated by the presence of various prominent players across the globe. Prominent players operating in the copper ammonium carbonate market include:
- Bayer CropScience
- Syngenta AG
- SinoHarvest Corporation
- Shanghai Mingdou Agrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Tenglong Agrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Vishnupriya Chemicals Private Limited
Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market: Research Scope
Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market, by Type
- Agricultural Grade
- Industrial Grade
Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market, by Application
Global Copper Ammonium Carbonate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.