Cooler Bags Market: Overview
Cooler bags are soft-side portable coolers used for the storage of a variety of goods. They are highly durable and hence, suitable for outdoor usage. High wear and tear strength, coupled with good impact resistance, makes cooler bags the preferred choice among end-users. Perishable food products including meat & poultry, cheese and other dairy products need to be kept cold during transit and cooler bags are extensively used for the storage and transport of such goods. Cooler bags provide insulation to the packaged product from the surrounding environment. Hard-side coolers are also available in the coolers market but they do not enjoy similar popularity, owing to their bulkiness. Hence, soft-sided cooler bags, which offer ease in carrying, are projected to grow at a high CAGR. Players are manufacturing cooler bags in a wide range of sizes, colors and capacities to cater to various end-uses.
Cooler Bags Market: Dynamics
With the rising popularity of outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, camping and fishing, the demand for cooler bags is expected to increase during the forecast period. The flexible nature of cooler bags makes them popular among hikers and campers. Many pharmaceutical products and healthcare equipment need to be stored at cooler temperatures, owing to their temperature-sensitive nature and sterility. This is expected to generate high demand for cooler bags in the pharmaceutical & healthcare industries during the forecast period.
Manufacturers of cooler bags are focusing on diversifying their current product portfolios by incorporating unique features in their existing products. For instance,
- In September 2017, Pelican Products Inc., a leading manufacturer of drinkware, and portable lighting systems, announced the launch of Pelican Soft Cooler, a 24-can-sized soft side cooler that is waterproof, leak-proof, durable, easy to carry and a more convenient alternative to hard sided coolers
- In January 2017, Engel Coolers upgraded the outer 500 denier rip-stop polyester fabric of its backpack chillers to 600 denier rip-stop polyester fabric to enhance the durability of the cooler bags
Cooler Bags Market: Segmentation
The global cooler bags market has been segmented on the basis of material, volume and end use.
On the basis of material, the global cooler bags market has been segmented as:
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
On the basis of volume, the global cooler bags market has been segmented as:
- Up to 10 Liters
- 10-30 Liters
- 30-50 Liters
- More than 50 Liters
On the basis of end use application, the global cooler bags market has been segmented as:
- Food & Beverage
- Consumer Goods
Cooler Bags Market: Regional Outlook
From a geographical perspective, the global cooler bags market has been divided into seven key regions, namely Asia-Pacific excl. Japan, Japan, North America, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Asia Pacific cooler bags market is expected to grow at a high CAGR, owing to the increasing tourist attraction towards Southeast Asian countries such as Malaysia and Thailand. Governments of these countries are taking a number of initiatives to attract more tourists and develop luxury campsites, which is anticipated to fuel the demand for cooler bags in the region. Attributing to the popularity of chilled foods, a steady demand for cooler bags is projected in the U.S. and European countries. Also, the penetration of cooler bags is high in developed markets such as the U.S., Canada and European countries, as compared to that in developing countries. This can be attributed to the popularity of camping, hiking and fishing in developed regions.
Cooler Bags Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global cooler bags market are San Global Inc., Bag Makers, Inc., Mierbag Co., Ltd., Igloo Products Corp., YETI Coolers, LLC, Twin Oaks Global, Pelican Products, Inc., Bison Coolers, Sofrigam SA and Engel Coolers. Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the growth of the global cooler bags market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.