Conveyor Sprocket: Introduction
- Conveyor sprockets are used in conveyor systems to drive the chain. These are saw-toothed gears that are used in combination with conveyor belts or conveyor chains. The profiled wheels connect with a conveyor chain or belt to transmit rotary motion. Sprockets have extensive application and are used in conveyor belts, cars, motorcycles, and other machinery. They are either used to transfer rotatory motion between two shafts where gears are unsuitable or to impart liner motion to track and tape etc.
- Most of the conveyor sprockets are made of cast iron. However, sprockets made from prefabricated steel are becoming fairly popular these days. Conveyor sprockets made of high quality plastic are also increasingly popular due to their widespread application.
Key Drivers of the Global Conveyor Sprocket Market
- Increasing usage of conveyor belts in various end-use industries is anticipated to be one of the key driving factors for the growth of this market. Demand for conveyors in durable goods manufacturing industries such as electronics industry and automotive industry as well as in metal fabrication is anticipated to fuel the growth of the conveyor sprocket market.
- Additionally, non-durable goods manufacturing industries such as food and beverage, chemicals, and petrochemical industries are anticipated to have significant growth opportunities in the near future. This in turn is anticipated to drive the demand for conveyor sprockets.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Conveyor Sprocket Market, ask for a customized report
Premature sprocket wears one of the key challenges of the market
- As the conveyor chain tightens and loosens and due to continuous insertion of the conveyor chain into the sprocket, the sprocket eventually faces wear & tears as a result of normal use. This is one of the common challenges, especially with cast iron sprockets. This restricts the growth of the conveyor sprocket market. Greater the number of sprockets in contact with the chain drive, greater is the chance of more movement of the spring loaded chain tensioner, causing more wear.
Plastic sprockets to offer attractive opportunities for the conveyor sprocket market
- Plastic sprockets are making inroads in several industries, becoming a viable alternative to metal sprockets in power transmission drive applications. Corrosion resistance, lubrication-free functioning, as well as low coefficient of friction etc. are some of the advantages leading to the rising demand for plastic sprockets. This is anticipated to create new opportunities for the growth of the conveyor sprocket market.
Asia Pacific region offering growth avenues to the global conveyor sprocket market
- Geographically, the global conveyor sprocket market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Europe and North America have a strong market for conveyor sprockets as most leading manufacturers are concentrated in these regions. Countries such as the U.S., Germany, and U.K. are strong industrial manufacturing markets, resulting in the presence of more conveyors and sprockets manufacturers.
- Asia Pacific is one of the promising regions for the growth of the conveyor sprocket market. Some of the top manufacturers of conveyor belts and sprockets in Asia are concentrated in Southeast Asian countries such as China and Japan.
- Other regions such as South America and Middle East & Africa have strong growth potential in the conveyor sprockets market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global conveyor sprocket market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for substantial share. Most manufacturers specialized in manufacturing of conveyor sprockets are ideally leading manufacturers of chains and conveyor belts. A few of the key players operating in the global conveyor sprocket market are listed below:
- Applied Industrial Technologies
- FB Ketju
- Hangzhou Jinpu Transmission Mechanical Co., ltd
- Ketten Feickert GmbH
- KettenWulf Betriebs GmbH
- Ramsey Products Corporation
- Regal Beloit Americas, Inc.
- SENQCIA CORPORATION
- Tsubaki Power Transmission, LLC.
- TSUBAKIMOTO CHAIN CO.
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market: Research Scope
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market, by Product Type
- Double Pitch Sprockets
- Multiple Strand Sprockets
- Quick Disconnect (QD) Sprockets
- Taper-Lock Sprockets
- Steel Splits Sprockets
- Others (Double Single Sprockets, Idler Sprockets etc.)
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market, by Conveyor Chain Types
- Standard Conveyor Chain
- Double Pitch Roller Chain
- Case Conveyor Chain
- Cast Chain
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market, by Material Type
- Cast Iron
- Stainless Steel
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market, by Material
- Cast Iron
- Stainless Steel
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other retail based stores
Global Conveyor Sprocket Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.