Convertible Vehicles: Introduction
- A convertible vehicle is a passenger vehicle that has a retractable roof. It can be driven with or without the roof and it houses a folding mechanism for retracting the roof cloth.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Convertible Vehicles Market
- Rise in the demand of luxury and ultra-luxury vehicles boosts the global convertible vehicles market. Revival of economy and rise in the consumer purchase parity have significantly improved sales of luxury vehicles over the last few years. This factor is anticipated to drive the global convertible vehicles market during the forecast period.
- Growth of the automotive industry in Asia Pacific and Latin America and rising demand for luxury vehicles among youngsters are estimated to boost the convertible vehicles market in these regions during the forecast period
- Earlier, convertibles and luxury vehicles were manufactured primarily in Europe and North America. The onset of domestic production and local assembly of convertibles in various countries has lowered taxes, charges, and production cost. It has also helped increase sales of vehicles, thereby driving the global convertible vehicles market.
- The structure of a convertible compromises on the structural rigidity of the vehicle and significant modifications and design engineering is required to counteract the absence of a rigid roof
Fully Electric Vehicle Segment to Register Maximum Growth Rate
- The growing stringency of regulations on emissions and rising consumer awareness about adoption of eco-friendly vehicles are anticipated to drive the demand for fully electric convertible vehicles in the near future. Automakers such as BMW AG have introduced a convertible model of electric BMW i8. The upcoming 2020 Model S Tesla Roadster is also a convertible four seater. Other renowned automakers such as Mini Cooper have also introduced fully electric options in its convertible variants.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Retractable Hardtops Witnessing High Demand
- Retractable hardtops are witnessing high demand owing to their robust design. The 2019 BMW 4 series with a retractable hardtop splits in three pieces with a power assist feature to allow easy access to luggage. Other convertibles with retractable hardtops introduced in 2019 are Mercedes-Benz SL and Mercedes-Benz SLC. The detachable hardtops segment holds a considerable share of the global convertible vehicles market. Detachable hardtops allow roof panels to be dismantled and retracted from the vehicle structure and allow a wider open area.
Roadsters Segment Holds a Major Share of Global Convertible Vehicles Market
- The roadsters (two-seaters) segment holds a major share of the global convertible vehicles market. However, four-seaters are gaining more popularity and a large number of automakers, such as BMW, Mercedes, and General Motors, have started offering four-seater convertibles. Semi-convertibles are anticipated to witness rise in the demand as they have a robust design that offers better structural rigidity along with the luxury of open rooftop. Growing focus on safer vehicles and rising consumer awareness about safety is are expected to boost the demand for semi-convertible vehicles during the forecast period.
Europe and North America to Lead Global Convertible Vehicles Market
- In terms of region, the global convertible vehicles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe and North America hold a major share of the global convertible vehicles market, owing to high purchasing power of consumers and presence of suitable climatic conditions. Asia Pacific and Latin America are slowly gaining market share in the global convertible vehicles market, with increasing demand for luxury vehicles among consumers in these regions.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Convertible Vehicles Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global convertible vehicles market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- BMW AG
- Daimler AG
- Ford Motor Company
- Jaguar Land Rover Limited
- Porsche AG
- FCA Italy S.p.A.
- General Motors Company
Global Convertible Vehicles Market, by Drive Type
- IC Engine
- Fully Electric
Global Convertible Vehicles Market, by Roof Type
- Detachable Hardtop
- Retractable Hardtop
Global Convertible Vehicles Market, by Vehicle Type
- Roasters (Two-seaters)
- Four-door Convertibles
Global Convertible Vehicles Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.