Covert transformers help in stepping the voltage of AC supply in network. The covert transformer is capable of operating with 12 pulses for each cycle in the AC supply which eliminate numerous harmonic current components by using a star-to-delta (wye-delta) connection of transformer winding. Insulation of transformer winding must be specially designed for withstanding large DC potential to earth. One unit of converter transformers can be made as large as 300 Mega volt-amperes (MW). It is very difficult to transfer large transformers, thus when there is a requirement of a large rating, many individual transformers are connected together by using two phase, three phase or three single-phase units. The converter transformer market by configuration can be segmented into monopolar, back-to-back, bipolar and multi-terminal, by power rating the converter transformer market can be segmented into below 500 MW, 501 MW-999 MW, 1000 MW-2000 MW and above 2000 MW. Moreover the converter transformer market has been segment by voltage level. The converter transformers are used in windfarms, oil & gas industry and grid connections industry among other. Increase in population, growth in demand for electricity by industries and increase in need for energy transmission over long distance is driving the growth in demand for covert transformers.
Moreover HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) technology is likely to play as a key driver for the covert transformers market in the near future. High voltage direct current facilitates high voltage electric transmission between consumption centers and generation over an extensive distance. Moreover, stringent environmental regulations globally, is driving the convert transformer market as there is a growing demand for cable-based transmission which is replacing the overhead lines required for transmitting power at a long distance. Furthermore, power generation from renewable source like hydel plants, offshore wind farms and distantly located solar panels are likely to drive the convert transformer market in the near future. High cost and absence of standardization are the major challenges faced by the covert transformer manufacturers globally. Moreover, lengthy approval procedures for HVDC projects are likely to restrain the market.
Globally Asia Pacific leads the global convert transformer market and this region is likely to grow with the fastest growth rate. Fast growing economies like India are expected to drive the market due to huge demand for covert transformers in the region. China is likely to invest deeply in the distribution and transmission sector. Europe is likely to experience the second fastest growth rate after Asia Pacific due to up gradation and replacement of ageing power sector in the region.
Some of the key players operating in the covert transformer market are General Electric, Abb Ltd., Siemens AG, Tebian Electric Apparatus Stock Company Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electrics Limited, Cropton Greaves Ltd., Toshiba, Shadong Power Equipment Company Limited, Kirloskar Electric Company Limited and Xian XD Transformers Co. Ltd among others.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.