Control Room Solutions Market
Control Room Solutions Market (Component: Infrastructure, Control Room Management Suite, and Services; Deployment: On-premise, Cloud, and Hybrid; and End User: Government and Commercial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Market Players Focus on Improving Operator Comfort and Integrating New Technologies to Boost Efficiency
Control room solutions are essential to maintain operational efficiency and administer an array of information streams to improve the process of mission-critical decision-making. As the trend of digitalization gradually sets its foot in several industrial domains, management of multiple content sources and applications has become a requisite– a major factor that is expected to drive the growth of the global control room solutions market during the assessment period (2020-2030). At present, players involved in the current control room solutions market landscape are increasingly focusing on offering improved and cost-effective system management solutions to their customers, while simultaneously working toward attaining optimum operator comfort.
Control room solutions are extensively used for several applications, including decision-making, monitoring, controlling, collaborating, and communicating. Government as well as the commercial sector are the primary customers of the participants operating in the control room solutions market. In the current scenario, control room solutions are increasingly being utilized by a host of end users in the commercial sector, including retail, healthcare, food & beverages, hospitality, power plants, manufacturing, and media & entertainment. Advancements in technology are expected to play the role of a catalyst in the modernization of the control room solutions of the future.
At the back of these factors, along with the entry of cutting-edge technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI), the global control room solutions market is expected to attain a market value of US$ 58.2 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Control Room Solutions Market
Industry 4.0 and Entry of IoT to Boost Demand for Control Room Solutions
Technological advancements are set to play a key role in driving the overall growth of the global control room solutions market. The Internet revolution over the span of the last couple of decades and high demand for digital services across the world have opened up several untapped avenues in the field of data analytics. However, with the entry of novel technologies driven by AI, such as the Internet of Things, the control room solutions market is set to step into a new era of powerful IoT analytics and improved connectivity. Due to the exponential surge in the bandwidth of both mobile as well as fixed connectivity along with growing investments in 4G and 5G technologies, control room solutions, particularly the emergency service network segment is expected to witness considerable growth during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Several companies across various industrial sectors are transforming control rooms into operation hubs and the trend is expected to gain further momentum over the course of the forecast period– a factor that is likely to propel the expansion of the control room solutions market. In addition, as businesses evolve in sync with new technologies, the demand for control room solutions is on the rise. At present, several players operating in the control room solutions market are increasingly focusing on improving information visibility, upgrading the outdated or obsolete technologies, and improving their pricing structure to establish a solid foothold in the current control room solutions market landscape.
Evolving Trends in Control Room Designs to Aid Market Growth
Over the past decade, functionalities of control room solutions have evolved at a rapid pace due to consistent progress in the human-machine interface sphere. In addition, due to consistent advancements in technology coupled with growing awareness pertaining to the aesthetic importance of control rooms to optimize efficiency, several companies around the world are investing resources to optimize and streamline control room designs to attain the required objectives. Advancements in distributed control systems (DCSs) and Human-machine Interface (HMI) are likely to play a key role in augmenting the demand for control room solutions in the upcoming years.
Improved processor ability, advancements in Ethernet, and the Internet are some of the other driving factors that are likely to influence the development of the HMI technology in the upcoming years. Access to data across multiple sources, along with transition from hardware devices to electronic terminals have also played an imperative role in the boosting the growth of the global control room solutions market in the past few years– a trend that is expected to continue over the forthcoming decade.
Control Room Activities Rise amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong influence on the global control room solutions market, particularly in 2020. As governments across the world enforce stringent lockdown measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus, municipalities and government authorities around the world continue to set up makeshift control rooms to improve the management of the current situation. While the demand from the commercial sector is anticipated to witness a steep decline in 2020, the soaring demand from the government sector is estimated to provide opportunities to the players operating in the control room solutions market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Control Room Solutions Market
The global control room solutions market is projected to grow at an impressive CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by widening applications in various end-use industries, advancements in Human-machine interface, entry of novel technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT), and increasing focus on improving the ergonomics and aesthetic quotient of control rooms. Despite sluggish demand from the commercial sector during the COVID-19 pandemic, the high demand from the government sector is expected to provide an impetus for market growth in 2020.
Control Room Solutions Market: Overview
- The global control room solutions market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period, primarily driven by growing adoption of Industry 4.0 and utilization of VR in control room
- The control room solutions market is expected to be valued at US$ 29.2 Bn in 2020 and reach US$ 58.2 Bn by 2030
- In terms of component, the infrastructure segment is anticipated to account for notable share as compared to the other components of the control room solutions market
- In the infrastructure segment, video walls is set to dominate the market during the forecast period. Additionally, video walls & controllers is likely to remain the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
- North America remains a prominent market for control room solutions globally, and the market in the region is expected to be valued at US$ 11.4 Bn by the end of 2020
- The control room solutions market report provides analysis of the market for the period 2018 – 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2020 is the estimated year and 2020 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze the growth drivers that enhance the value of the control room solutions market and various opportunities prevailing in the market
- Providers of control room solutions are focused on developing innovative solutions to serve specific requirements of end users, which is expected to drive the market demand in the upcoming years
North America Control Room Solutions Market Snapshot
- Key countries that significantly contribute to the growth of the control room solutions market in North America are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The U.S. witnesses higher spending on IT industry than other countries worldwide.
- Spending on digitization of operational facilities in the country is also considerably high. This results in increasing adoption of advanced technologies such as AR/ML, and AR/VR in the country, thereby driving the control room solutions market in the U.S.
Key Drivers of Control Room Solutions Market
- Growing Adoption of Industry 4.0: Industrial automation is the use of control systems, for instance, PCs or robots, and information advancements to deal with different methods and mechanical assemblies in the industry to replace a person. The improved technology helps to complete the work in less time, which, in turn, helps manufacturers to be more efficient and productive. Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Big Data, and Internet of Things (IoT) are some of the best examples of rapidly growing areas of technology to improve operational processes, likely to be operated in the future. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, IoT, and Big Data analytics makes it possible to form a data-driven improvement program for operators and helps the operators to take the right decisions at the right time.
Several advantages of Industry 4.0 support enterprises to design their operations or control rooms efficiently. These include:
- Builds cost-efficient interfaces among existing infrastructure and activities to collect and relocate data
- Creates digital dashboards to modernize communication by utilizing IoT technologies and cost-effective edge computing. Additionally, makes information accessible in real-time all over to make better & reliable decisions.
Consequently, growing adoption of Industry 4.0 is driving the growth of the control room solutions market worldwide.
- Utilization of VR in Control Room Validation: Industries such as media & entertainment and healthcare are at the forefront of adopting virtual reality compared to other end-use sectors. With the current advancement in technology in virtual reality, the expectations of end users is increasing in order to experience virtual surroundings to improve their operational activities. Virtual Reality (VR) based-systems help to design control rooms and create visualized immersive environments.
However, for implementation among large masses, hardware manufacturers prefer to provide a headset and controller of smaller size with high mobility focus to enhance workforce training modules for employees.
Therefore, increasing technological advancements such as virtual reality and Internet Protocol (IP) helps to drive the control room solutions market worldwide.
Key Restraints of Control Room Solutions Market
- Lack of Trained Professionals: One of the major restrains of the control room solutions market is the lack of trained professionals. The industry relies on the skills of older workers and the service quality may decrease during the forecast period 2020 – 2030. The industry is facing challenges such as shortage of talent with right competencies, lack of trainers, and shortage of labor. Therefore, lack of trained professionals is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Control Room Solutions Market: Competition Landscape
- In March 2020, Data Projections, Inc. signed a contract with Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to deliver advanced, innovative products, and related services to public and government entities
- In January 2020, Honeywell Process Solutions, a part of Honeywell, introduced panel PC, which is specifically designed to enhance control room efficiency
Control Room Solutions Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- ABB, Ltd.: ABB is a global power and industrial automation company. The company operates through its five business segments: Discrete Automation and Motion; Low Voltage Products; Process Automation; Power Products; and Power Systems. The Industrial Automation business segment provides advanced process control software and process, and discrete control solutions. This segment serves companies in minerals and mining, oil & gas, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, marine, and pulp & paper.
- Barco NV: Barco N.V. is a European company, which designs, develops, and sells visualization solutions. The company majorly provides video walls, monitors, projectors, image processing, visual display systems, and light-emitting diode displays. Barco offers its solutions to various industries such as oil & gas, healthcare, automotive, aerospace, defense, digital cinema, and media industries worldwide. The company sells its products and services across 90 countries and has over 400 granted patents worldwide.
- Siemens AG: Siemens AG is one of the leading global manufacturers of resource-saving and energy-efficient technologies. The company primarily operates through seven business segments that include digital industries, smart infrastructure, gas and power, mobility, Siemens Healthineers, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, and Financial Services (SFS). The company provides telecontrol solutions for control rooms across various applications such as energy distribution, water/wastewater treatment, and traffic monitoring.
- NEC Corporation: NEC Corporation majorly deals in four businesses i.e. public business, enterprise business, network services business, and system platform business. Under the enterprise business segment, NEC Corporation offers IT solutions that cater to manufacturing, retail and services, and finance sectors. NEC Corporation also provides network control platform systems and hardware under its network services business and system platform business segments, respectively.
Control Room Solutions Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global control room solutions market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the control room solutions market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the control room solutions market will progress during the forecast period 2020-2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the control room solutions market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the control room solutions market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the control room solutions market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the control room solutions market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the control room solutions market, wherein various developments, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Control Room Solutions Market
The report provides detailed information about the control room solutions market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the control room solutions industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of control room solutions?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the control room solutions market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the control room solutions market?
- Which will be the fastest growing end user segment?
Research Methodology – Control Room Solutions Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to combine the control room solutions market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the control room solutions market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the control room solutions market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the control room solutions market.
Control Room Solutions Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the control room solutions market on the basis of component, deployment, end user, and region. The report presents the extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the control room solutions market.