Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market: Introduction
- Contract furniture, also referred to as commercial or office furniture, is specially designed and used for commercial purposes. Contract furniture includes desks & workstations, chairs & tables, storage cabinets & shelves, and sofa sets. It is most commonly employed in restaurants, hotels, offices, schools & colleges, receptions, waiting rooms, etc. Contract furniture is comparatively expensive, as it is considered a high quality product; however, it is more durable than standard furniture. Demand for contract furniture and furnishing is estimated to increase during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market
- Utilization of contract furniture is rising consistently in commercial places, which include corporate parks, luxury hotels & restaurants, and schools. Increase in investment on interior decoration has driven the average spending on contract furnishing, as it makes the surroundings attractive and organized. Evolution of the e-commerce industry and promotion or advertising of products on social media and various online platforms also plays a significant role in boosting the contract furniture and furnishing market.
- The global contract furniture and furnishing market is anticipated to be primarily driven by increasing adoption of ergonomic furniture in the office space. This has subsequently led to a rise in the demand for ergonomic furniture. Furthermore, adoption of eco-friendly contract furniture and furnishings among consumers is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Advancement in technology has propelled the furniture and furnishing market. Smart furniture, which includes charging tables, smart sofas, smart showerheads, food tracking refrigerators, and smart wardrobes for corporate offices, luxury hotels, restaurants and bars, etc., can be operated remotely through smart devices such as smartphones and tablets. This is anticipated to drive the contract furniture and furnishing market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market
- In terms of geography, the contract furniture and furnishing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the contract furniture and furnishing market during the forecast period. Developing countries in Asia Pacific has been experiencing rapid commercialization for the last few years, which in turn is estimated to fuel the demand for contract furniture and furnishing in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market
- Carlick Contract Furniture Company
- Forest Contract
- Haworth Inc.
- Herman Miller, Inc.
- Humanscale International Holdings Ltd.
- Kinnarps AB
- Knoll Inc.
- Pioneer Contract Furniture Ltd.
- Sitraben Contract Furniture Ltd.
- Steelcase Inc.
Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market: Research Scope
Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market, by Product Type
- Desks & Tables
- Chairs & Stools
- Storage Cabinets
- Cafeteria Tables & Chairs
- Others (Presentation Stands, & Lighting etc.)
Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market, by End-user
- Corporate Offices
- Hospitality & Food Services
- Others (Schools, Airports etc.)
Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company-owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Furniture Marts
- Other Retail Based Stores
Global Contract Furniture and Furnishing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.