Continuous Variable Transmission for automotive: Introduction
- The continuous variable transmission (CVT), also known as step less transmission system, is an automotive transmission. The ratio of the rotational speed of shafts, the input and output shaft of a vehicle fitted with automotive continuous variable transmission can be varied continuously within the given range, providing an infinite number of possible ratios. It provides a smoother driving experience and better fuel economy. A continuous variable transmission continuously transfers power without interruption through a range of speed/torque ratio from engine input to output. This contrasts with manual transmissions that offer a fixed number of gear ratios.
- The continuous variable transmission is a fast shifting transmission in which the torque converter is utilized for transmitting torque. Different types of CVT are available for various applications such as frictional type, electric type, and hydraulic type.
Key Drivers of Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive:
- The various advantages offered by CVT systems have led to an increase in sales of vehicles integrated with these transmission systems. For instance, these systems provide quicker acceleration as compared to conventional automatic or manual transmission systems and help change the engine speed to provide access maximum power. This is likely to boost the continuous variable transmission market for automotive.
- Rise in demand for eco-friendly vehicles across the globe is further driving the CVT systems market. These systems are not only fuel-efficient but also represent a competent transmission option, which produces lower emissions. These factors propel the continuous variable transmission market for automotive across the globe.
- Continuous variable transmission systems are relatively durable and require lower maintenance than their counterparts. They have enhanced hydraulic systems, microprocessors, high-strength steel metal belts, and high-speed sensors that boost the engine handling capacity. Several manufactures such as Toyota are producing hybrid, electric mid-sized hatchback models that are equipped with power-split CVT technology. These systems offers several advantages, such as fixed gear ratio and higher torque handling capability, which are expected to boost their demand. This, in turn, is likely to drive the market for continuous variable transmission for automotive.
Passenger vehicle segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the continuous variable transmission market for automotive. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive to hamper market:
- The continuous variable transmission market for automotive is likely to expand during the forecast period due to cost-effectiveness, compact size, better efficiency, and optimized performance of the CVT system. However, the high cost of transmission fluids and a lack of power offered during off road conditions are likely to restrain the continuous variable transmission market for automotive during forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive:
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the continuous variable transmission market for automotive in the region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global continuous variable transmission market for automotive due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global continuous variable transmission market for automotive is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the globe operating in the market. A few of the key players operating in the global continuous variable transmission market for automotive are:
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Schaeffler AG
- Aisin Seiki
- AV Automotive Engineering
- Punch Power Train
- IAV Automotive Engineering
- TEAM Industries
- Endurance Technologies Limited
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Gaokin Industry Co., Ltd.
- General Transmissions and Fallbrook Intellectual Property Company LLC
- Robert Bosch GmbH
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive: Research Scope
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Component Type
- Rubber Belt
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Type
- Frictional Type
- Electric Type
- Hydraulic Type
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Fuel
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Sales Channel
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.