Content Delivery Network Security - Introduction
- A content delivery network is a distributed network of intermediary servers and their data centers, which provides network service to end-users.
- With the rapid changes in IT infrastructure of businesses, attackers (hackers) search new ways to hack secure information by creating disruptions in the network security of a business. Companies need to adopt a content delivery network security platform to keep this information secure.
- Increase in number of internet subscribers over smart devices due to the increasing trend of digitization across the globe, fuels the growth of the content delivery network security market.
- Online gaming is an emerging industry in the content delivery network security market, which requires high download speed with good quality display resolution, and hence it generates demand for content delivery network security.
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market: Dynamics
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing adoption of cloud-based services in various industries by offering multiple security features drives the adoption of content delivery network security
- Providers need to deliver high-speed data network for constant content delivery due to the rise in demand for Over the Top (OTT) and Video-on-Demand (VOD) services, which is likely to generate significant demand for content delivery network security in the upcoming years.
- Increasing cases of DDoS attacks and application layer security attacks are the key factors that drive the growth of the content delivery network security market.
- Lack of awareness about content delivery network security hampers the growth of the market
- High implementation cost and complex architecture of content delivery network (CDN) security restrains the growth of the market.
- However, technology investments in smart city initiatives and 5G networks creates opportunities for the content delivery network security market.
- The content delivery network security market have opportunities in SMEs to create the high network demand during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Content Delivery Network Security Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has created disruptions across the world in every sector of business and government. It is the first time where employees are working from home for longer periods of time, which causes increase in network traffic.
- Multiple organizations demand content delivery network security to reduce the time consumed by network traffic for content loading
- Thus, the COVID-19 situation has positively impacted the content delivery network security market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Content Delivery Network Security Market
- In terms of region, the global content delivery network security market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to dominate the content delivery network security market during the forecast period due to the presence of increasing number of web content users and presence of major key players of content delivery network security in the region.
- The market in APAC is expected to rise due to increasing number of technology driven enterprises and growth of e-commerce industry, which fuels the demand for content delivery network security.
- In Europe, the content delivery network security market is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period due to increase in number of end-users of CDNs.
- The market in the MEA region is expected to grow during the forecast period due to increasing investments of IT companies.
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market: Competition Landscape
- Several players in the content delivery network security market are active with a strong presence.
- In January 2019, Akamai Technologies, Inc. acquired Janrain, Inc. a customer identity access management platform. This acquisition helps to maintain digital trust and provide a highly secure environment to Akamai's customers.
Key Players Operating in the Global Content Delivery Network Security Market Include:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Arbor Networks
- Cloudflare, Inc.
- Distil Networks
- Fastly, Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Limelight Networks, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nexusguard Inc.
- Radware Ltd
- StackPath, LLC
- Tata Communications Limited
- Verizon Digital Media Services
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market: Research Scope
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market, by Component
- Storage Services
- Analytics and Performance Monitoring
- Website and API Management
- Network Optimization Services
- Support & Maintenance
- Web Performance Optimization
- Media Delivery
- Cloud Security
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market, by Type
- DDoS Protection
- Web Application Firewall
- BoT Mitigation & Screen Scraping Protection
- Data Security
- DNS Protection
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprise
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market, by Application
- IT & Telecommunications
- Retail & Consumer Goods
- Media & Entertainment
Global Content Delivery Network Security Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.