Global Consumer Drone Market – Introduction
- Consumer drones are aerial vehicles which guide the consumers about the airspace system and remote areas of the environment above the area of land and water where consumers have limited reach. A drone is a flying aircraft controlled by a software and a wireless remote, and gives access to ground control systems, where all the sensors, GPS, and navigational systems are present. Drones have a camera attached to be able to see distantly. The camera ensures that consumers obtain steady aerial capturing, photography, and videography, and helps in detecting flight levels. Pilots are able to identify possible atmospheric hazards with the sensor based flying robots in the air.
Extensive applications in various industries (agriculture, constructions & mining, and military services) driving demand
- In the agriculture sector, consumer drones are used extensively over the field to monitor crops & livestock, in irrigation management, and fertilization, i.e., impact of pesticides and nutrients on the seedlings. The safety of workers in construction & mining industries require the use of drone technology where drones fly around the construction sites and detect possible hazards. In addition, drones have been widely used by the military and by soldiers to detect high bomb prone areas, and to identify locations which can be attacked by enemies where it is practically difficult to reach. Furthermore, application of drones for the purpose of photography has been widely practiced as a hobby.
Technologically upgraded, providing advanced speed, navigation, and control systems
- New innovations in the manufacturing of consumer drones have increased the demand for the product. New drone model specifications offer better speed, high range, and navigation systems which can be linked to the user’s phone, and control systems which are safe, reliable, and efficient. Motor drivers, angle, position sensors, chargers, and regulators offer all the necessary elements for best control systems and power efficiency to consumer drones. These features of consumer drone parts excel in performance and have low power consumption, thereby having a positive impact on consumer buying choices.
North America considered the dominant region in the global consumer drone market
- In terms of geography, the global consumer drone market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global consumer drone market in 2019. The market in North America is expected to rise at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increased government spending on drones, large-scale military operations, growing demand for drones from the commercial and government sectors, and United Nations projects driving potential demand for drones in countries such as the U.S., Canada and Mexico. In Europe, considerable increase in usage of drones in the civil aviation sector is seen, which is projected to fuel the demand for consumer drones in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to significant consumer interest in various activities such as photography, aerial imaging, videography, introduction of drones at lower prices, and their inclusion in a wide array of activities covering rescue operations, surveillance, weather monitoring, traffic monitoring, geographical mapping, firefighting, etc., which is projected to surge the sales of consumer drones in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in the Consumer Drone Market
Manufacturers are facing intense competition in the market due to increase in number of players and latest technology available. Prominent players such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec, and UVify, are working on improving the speed, camera visibility, high monitoring systems, which can be used in greater number of applications, and technologically advanced features so the product can be used in recreational activities as well. Some of the key players operating in the global consumer drone market include:
- Autel Robotics
- 3D Robotics
Consumer Drone Market – Research Scope
Consumer Drone Market, by Type
- Multi Rotor Drones
- Fixed Wing Drones
- Single Rotor Helicopter
- Fixed Wing Hybrid VTOL
Consumer Drone Market, by Control Range
- Below 50 Meters
- 50-100 Meters
- 100-200 Meters
- Above 200 Meters
Consumer Drone Market, by Flight Time
- Below 5 Minutes
- 5-10 Minutes
- 10-20 Minutes
- Above 20 Minutes
Consumer Drone Market, by Price Range
Consumer Drone Market, by Age
Consumer Drone Market, by Usage
- Recreational Use
- Professional Use
Consumer Drone Market, by Application
- Insurance Claims
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Others (Piping, fire, etc.)
Consumer Drone Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Website
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Retail Stores)
Consumer Drone Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.