Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market – Introduction
- Currently, consumer 3D sensing products are playing a significant role across computing devices, smartphones, and gaming product original equipment manufacturers for utilization in 3D sensing systems.
- In gaming products, consumer 3D sensing products enable users to control interfaces and body movements efficiently, whereas in mobile devices, consumer 3D sensing products are mainly used for biometric security applications which includes facial recognition.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing adoption of 3D sensing technology in smartphones and gaming devices: Prominent driving factor of the consumer 3D sensing products market
- Consumer 3D sensing products enhance camera capabilities for facial and object recognition. 3D sensors are used in different devices including smartphones and gaming devices. Consumer 3D sensing products such as sensors also offer high speed up to 1 kHz, informative data visualization via Mini USB, and high resolution to various components.
- 3D sensing technology enhances smartphone performance by using gesture recognition that helps smartphones to develop touchscreen capabilities by using the user’s gesticulations from the smartphone. Manufacturers of smartphones are expected to adopt the 3D sensing technology in their next generation smartphone devices to enhance the camera capabilities for higher accuracy, object recognition, and depth data.
- For instance, leading manufacturers (Qualcomm and Himax), jointly announced Android smartphone in August 2018 enabled by 3D sensing technology in the consumer electronics market. 3D sensing technology is also largely applicable in the gaming industry to enhance gaming interactions with the user. Many companies including Microsoft Corporation innovated 3D sensing technology to be used across the gaming industry. For instance, Kinect is a Microsoft innovation designed for the Xbox 360 gaming console. It permits players to interact automatically and without any intermediary device.
- Therefore, increasing adoption of 3D sensing technology in smartphones and gaming devices is projected to impact the consumer 3D sensing products market significantly.
High cost of 3D sensing technology expected to significantly hamper the market
- Consumer 3D sensing products entail high maintenance cost due to the complex circuits deployed in gesture recognition (VCSELs technology). This is a major restraining factor that could hamper the growth of the consumer 3D sensing products market worldwide. Few original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are formulating various strategies to expand VCSEL production in response to the sensor demand; however, the low yield rate is leading to a lack of supply demand for consumer 3D sensing products in the market. Therefore, high cost of 3D sensing technology is expected to significantly hamper the consumer 3D sensing products market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global consumer 3D sensing products market
- In terms of region, the global consumer 3D sensing products market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global consumer 3D sensing products market during the forecast period due to increasing technological advancements in 3D sensing systems, indicating potential growth of the consumer 3D sensing products market in the region. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for consumer 3D sensing products from 2019 to 2027. Increasing trend toward autonomous vehicles is likely to drive the consumer 3D sensing products market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global consumer 3D sensing products market during the forecast period due to increasing focus on enhancement of security and surveillance, which is expected to increase the adoption of consumer 3D sensing products in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market
- ams AG
- Finisar Corporation
- Himax Technologies, Inc.
- II-VI Incorporated
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Intel Corporation
- Lumentum Holdings Inc.
- pmdtechnologies ag
- Sony Corporation
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market: Research Scope
Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market, by Hardware
- Diode Lasers
- Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers (VCSELs)
- Pressure Sensor
- Image Sensor
- Gyro Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Chip/ Array
- Optical Filters
Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market, by Technology
- Stereoscopic Vision
- Structured Light Pattern
- Time of Flight
Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market, by Application
- Biometric Security
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- Media & Entertainment
- Security & Surveillance
Global Consumer 3D Sensing Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.