Construction Films Market Introduction:
- Construction films are employed as privacy screens or dust covers on construction sites. They are also used as moisture barrier, underlying film for scaffolding, water barrier below the concrete floor, and sound barrier in stadiums.
- Construction films have excellent toughness and strength, high tensile strength, abrasion resistance, high puncture resistance, and ability to adapt to varying humidity. These films are recyclable. Construction films are maintenance-free and are easy to apply.
- The global construction films market can be segmented based on type, application, end-use, and region. In terms of type, the construction films market can be classified into transparent construction films, translucent construction films, and colored opaque construction films. Transparent construction films are made of LDPE (low-density polyethylene). These films have excellent transparency. Translucent construction films are also called eco-films. They are made of recycled granules. They are available in a wide range of colors. Colored opaque construction films are made by using dark recycled granules. The transparent construction films segment held major share of the construction films market in 2020. This trend is likely to continue throughout the forecast period.
Key Drivers of Construction Films Market
- Rise in importance of energy consumption is a vital factor driving the global market. Demand for energy-efficient buildings is increasing due to the limited availability of resources and extensive environmental effects such as global warming and various climatic changes. Buildings consume a significant amount of energy that adds extra CO2 to the atmosphere. Increase in window tinting activities and presence of stringent government regulations for green & energy-efficient buildings are expected to drive the construction films market.
- Construction films are used below concrete floors and act as water barriers. They are also used in roofing applications where they provide resistance to water and frost. These films are easy to apply and provide a maintenance-free solution with minimum errors.
Restraints of Global Construction Films Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of construction films is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of construction films. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the construction films market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of construction films in many developed and underdeveloped countries is projected to restrain the market during forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Construction Films Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for construction films in many applications. Many governments of countries across the globe have enforced lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the pandemic. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has adversely affected the demand for construction films.
- Key players operating in the construction films market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacturing and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Construction Films Market
- In terms of region, the global construction films market can be divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latina America, and Middle East & Africa. The building & construction sector in developed countries is currently recovering from the recent downfall. This is likely to boost the demand for construction films in these countries during the forecast period.
- Increase in the number of buildings in Asia Pacific is likely to drive the construction films market in the region in the next few years. Rise in population has led to an increase in demand for housing in China and India. This is expected to propel the construction of residential buildings in these countries in the near future. In turn, this is anticipated to augment the demand for construction films in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period
Global Construction Films Market: Key Players
Major players operating in the global construction films market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Polyplex Corporation
- Climax Synthetic
- Tech Folien
- Qingdao KF Plastics
- Eastman Chemical
- Polifilm Group
- Four Star Plastics
Global Construction Films Market: Research Scope
Global Construction Films Market, by Type
- Transparent Construction Films
- Translucent Construction Films
- Colored Opaque Construction Films
Global Construction Films Market, by Application
- Gas/Moisture Barrier
- Vapor Barrier
- Curing Blanket
Global Construction Films Market, by End-use
Global Construction Films Market by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa