Construction Additives Market: Construction Additives Provide Protection, Strength, and Durability
- Construction additives are ingredients that are added or used during the construction of buildings. Mostly chemical additives are added in cement to enhance its properties for use in different applications. Construction additives include mineral additives, chemical additives, and fiber-based additives.
- Moreover, in certain cases, cement needs to have corrosion-proof properties. In order to achieve protection, strength, and durability, several chemicals, modifiers, and agents are used in the building & construction industry.
- Construction additives are widely used to protect bridges, pavement, and tunnels from external conditions. Mostly, chemical or synthetic additives are used as construction additives.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Construction Additives Market
- Construction additives have major applications in the global building & construction sector, due to superior protection that they offer to structures. Most civil engineers and civil contractors have been using protection additives and strength-improving additives over the last few years to improve the durability of public structures across the world. Increasing demand for improving cement properties in various applications is expected to fuel the global construction additives market in the next few years.
- High investments have been witnessed in the building & construction industry in the last few years. Improving economic conditions in developing economies, especially in the construction sector, are anticipated to boost the global construction additives market in the near future.
Chemical Segment to Witness Growth
- In terms of product, the global construction additives market can be divided into mineral additives, chemical additives, and fiber additives. The chemical additives segment of the global construction additives market is projected to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The segment comprises sub-segments such as plasticizers, accelerators, waterproofing agents, air-entertaining agents, and others. Chemical additives is an important ingredient extensively used in the global building & construction industry.
- The mineral additives segment is projected to follow the chemical additives segment during the forecast period. High demand for fly ash, silica fumes, and other minerals in the global building & construction industry is driving the global construction additives market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Growth of Residential Segment to Drive Market
- Based on application, the global construction additives market can be segmented into residential, commercial, and infrastructure. The residential segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. A large amount of cement is consumed in the residential sector, with the demand for strength improvers for use in various building materials being high across the globe. This factor is projected to boost the global market for construction additives in the next few years.
- The commercial segment is projected to hold a key share of the global construction additives market in the near future. Rapid growth in the construction of commercial buildings is led by increased industrialization and risen private investments in the global construction industry. These key factors are projected to propel the global construction additives market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Construction Additives Market
- Geographically, the global market for construction additives can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global construction additives market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Rising demand for waterproofing agents and plasticizers in China, Japan, and India is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Rising private investments in developing economies in Asia Pacific, such as Indonesia and Vietnam, is a major factor anticipated to drive the market in the region during the forecast period
- The construction additives market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future. Construction additives are imported in countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and South Africa, due to limited presence of manufacturing companies in these countries. Increase in government expenditure on the construction of development projects and public infrastructures is projected to drive the demand for construction additives in both these regions in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global construction additives market is fragmented in nature, due to presence of small-sized and domestic players operating in the global market. A few of the key players operating in the global construction additives market are:
- BASF SE
- Sika AG
- Dow Chemicals
- Evonik Industries
- W. R. Grace
- RPM International Inc.
- Fosroc Inc.
Global Construction Additives Market: Research Scope
Global Construction Additives Market, by Product
- Mineral Additives
- Chemical Additives
- Fiber Additives
Global Construction Additives Market, by Application
Global Construction Additives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.