Connecting Chiplets: Introduction
- A connecting chiplet is a physical piece of silicon. It encapsulates an IP (intellectual property) subsystem. A chiplet is designed to integrate with the other chiplets through package-level integration, typically through advanced package integration and through the use of standardized interfaces.
- The connecting chiplet connects the systems in such a way that they act as a series or combination of chips that acts as a single chip. These chiplets are widely used in computing industries in order to improve the system performance and reliability of the computers.
- Manufacturers are gaining benefits through connecting chiplets which include more easily-specialized systems and higher yield, among others. But more importantly, they might lead to a big shift in the design and sale of hardware devices and semiconductor chips in the industry.
- These are some of the targeted end-products that might become a small, specialized chiplet meant to be combined in the same package with both a general purpose processor and many other specialty chiplets.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Use of Chiplets in Next Generation Servers
- The slow going lithographic scaling in semiconductor devices already has a major influence in the designing of computer operated products. Manufacturers across various countries in semiconductor industries as well as designers are looking for new ways to provide increasing computing competence required for supporting the data intensive future. This has significant command over multi-core processors, processor accelerators, and the concept of chiplets.
- The two major players in the semiconductor, electronics, and computing industries - Intel and AMD, are pursuing the use of chiplets in their next generation servers. The companies have collaborated and are breaking down monolithic processors into smaller specialized chips, called chiplets. These connecting chiplets are linked together on a multi-chip module (MCM). With this method, both the companies are concentrating on small lithographic feature technology in the semiconductors component such as small special purpose chips. This will increase the yield and effectiveness of small lithographic technology and hence is projected to boost the connecting chiplets market.
Ecosystem Issues and Lack of Standards Might Hinder the Connecting Chiplets Market
- The connecting chiplet model continues to gain traction in the market, but there are still some challenges to enable broader support for the technology. AMD, Intel, TSMC, Marvell, and a few others have developed or demonstrated devices using connecting chiplets, which is an alternative way to develop an advanced design.
- The adoption of connecting chiplets is limited in the industry and this is due to some ecosystem issues such as lack of standards and other factors. Work for this is ongoing to solve these problems. Behind the scenes, several foundries and OSATs are putting the pieces in place to help customers with connecting chiplets.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Connecting Chiplets Market
- In terms of region, the global connecting chiplets market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The connecting chiplets market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to population increase, improving standards of living, and rise in development and expenditure on electronic products. Countries such as India and China have various leading manufacturers of semiconductor components and devices such as connecting chiplets.
- The connecting chiplets market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global connecting chiplets market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global connecting chiplets market are focusing on technological developments and expansion to meet the growing demand for connecting chiplets. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products and to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global connecting chiplets market include:
- INTRINSIX CORP.
Global Connecting Chiplets Market: Research Scope:
Global Connecting Chiplets Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.