Connected Mobility: Introduction
- Connected mobility is being connected to the internet, while simultaneously moving. This includes vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-other (V2X) communication. In the connected mobility mode, vehicles are able to connect with traffic signals and signs and other modes of transport such as railways and aircraft. Increasing level of automation in transport vehicles makes it mandatory to know the precise position of the vehicle in order to drive it an efficient manner. For driverless vehicles, which are predicted to hit the roads very soon, network connection is essential.
- The future of transportation is expected to entirely depend on the exchange of information between cars, which is likely to avoid any road incidents. Likewise, additional information can be obtained from connected mobility, such as in-vehicle data can be utilized for traffic management system.
Key Drivers of Global Connected Mobility Market:
- Implementation of the internet of things (IOT) in connected mobility solutions and deployment of smart infrastructure projects across the world are projected to considerably boost the market. Rise in demand for digitalization is estimated to prompt the stipulation of smart technology solutions in vehicles, such as crash detection of passenger vehicles with the help of a sensor device. These factors are projected to boost the connected mobility market across the globe.
- Increase in demand for driver assistance system and rise in fatalities across the globe are prompting governments to emphasize on connection modes of public transport in order to increase passenger convenience. Connected mode in public transport adds several features and facilities, such as cruise control, prevention of traffic congestion and improved safety by avoiding accidents for travelers. All these factors are likely to propel the connected mobility market during the forecast period.
- Most users are shifting toward Wi-Fi in order to connect their devices to the internet. Ease of connectivity, technical superiority, reliable network as compared to Bluetooth, and establishment of highly secure connection are fueling the adoption of Wi-Fi technology. 5G technology provides data rates up to 29 Gbps; it is ultra-reliable, offers smooth transition period, and enhances safety of the vehicle by providing additional support to technologies such as ADAS, blind spot monitoring, and lane departure control. Demand for 5G technology is likely to drive the connected mobility market during the forecast period.
Global Connected Mobility Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Significant development of infrastructure and technologies, rise in number of technology providers are boosting the rate of adoption of smart and electric vehicles among people across the world. Expansion of the global automotive industry and high demand for mobility solutions are projected to offer significant opportunities for the connected mobility market during the forecast period.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans and business lockdowns. The global connected mobility services providers is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, office shutdowns, and others. For instance, China is global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries; it was also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is hampering the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global connected mobility market across the globe.
Europe to Hold Significant Share of Global Connected Mobility Market:
- Rate of adoption of high-end technology in Europe is higher than that in other regions, as vehicle manufacturers of the automotive industry in the region emphasize more on the research and development of components. High penetration of premium and luxury vehicles in several countries across the region, including Germany and the U. K., is likely to boost the market for connected mobility in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global connected mobility market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global connected mobility market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Microsoft Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Continental AG
- Siemens AG
- Denso Corporation
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Cisco System Inc.
- Nokia Networks
- Molex Incorporated
- Deutsche Telekom AG
Global Connected Mobility Market: Research Scope
Global Connected Mobility Market, by Technology
- Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V)
- Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I)
- Vehicle to Network (V2N)
Global Connected Mobility Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Connected Mobility Market, by Connectivity
Global Connected Mobility Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.