Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market – introduction
- Significant rise in technological advancements, improvement in standard of living, and supportive government policies such as right to Internet access have been driving the automobile industry. Introduction of vehicles powered by technologies, including Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), has led to a revolution in vehicle manufacturing. This has further helped in the development of driverless cars.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 1.35 million people across the world lost their lives due to road fatalities in 2018. Human errors accounted for about 90% of these road accidents. Human errors include inattention, drowsiness, and drivers’ negligence. These coupled with several factors such as unknown terrain, and low visibility during fog and night led to an increase in accident rates. Incorporation of several technologies in the vehicle industry such as ADAS, traction control, and automatic braking system can help reduce road accidents.
- Growth in the global economy has been boosting car sales. However, people increasingly prefer ride and car sharing services such as UberPOOL, Lyft, and Zipcar. The outlook of the shared vehicle industry appears promising due to the emergence of data sharing and technology linked platforms. Increase in usage of these technologies and systems in vehicles are anticipated to drive the global CASE market.
Key drivers of Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market
- Implementation of stringent environmental policies and government regulations to control climate change across the globe has led to restrictions on the usage of traditional IC engines. Electrical vehicles are emission-free, have high torque ratings, and provide alternatives for IC engines. These are shaping the future of the automotive industry.
- Autonomous vehicles are likely to be independent of drivers owing to the presence of secure and advanced safety features, high economical ratings, and high accuracy in navigation. For instance, companies such as BMW, Volvo, and Nissan are conducting trials for driverless vehicles in Germany and are planning to sell such vehicles by the end of 2021.
- Increasing number of people are opting to buy state-of-the-art vehicles with advanced features owing to the growth in economy, and rise in disposable income and purchasing power. This is propelling the global autonomous car industry, thereby boosting the CASE market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Absence of Fully Developed Autonomous Vehicles makes it Difficult to Compare Available Systems
- Demand for autonomous electric vehicles has been rising. However, various companies are still in the development and testing phase of electrical vehicles. Most of these vehicles are expected to be connected in the near future. Currently, there is no clear standard for connectivity or driverless vehicles. This lack of clarity is likely to make it difficult for customers to compare features and capabilities of different vehicles.
China to Dominate Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market
- China is the dominant region in terms of sale of electric vehicles. It is followed by Europe and the U.S. Government subsidiaries, leniency for exemption of number plates in select major cities, and stringent regulations are fueling the electric vehicles industry in China. Government subsidies help reduce the cost of buying vehicles. This is another factor augmenting the popularity of electric vehicles.
- A new EV policy, implemented in 2019, mandates automakers to comply with EV credit target. Various OEMs have partnered with domestic companies in order to develop new EVs complying with the new policy. These factors are driving the CASE market.
- Germany and Norway have the highest rate of acceptance for eclectic vehicles in the European Union. Every second car sold in Norway is likely to be an electric vehicle by December 2019. This indicates the high rate of adoption of EV in the country.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced that it would refurbish the current vehicle emission standards, mandating cars and light trucks to have average of more than 50 miles per gallon by 2025
Key Players Operating in Global Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market
The CASE market is highly concentrated with the presence of the leading manufacturers. Key players operating in the CASE market include:
- General Motors
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Audi AG
- Daimler AG
- Ford Motor Company
- Volkswagen AG
- BMW AG
- Tesla Inc.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in connected, autonomous, shared, and electric (CASE) market, ask for a customized report
Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market – Research Scope
Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market, by Level of Automation
Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market, by Type of Manufacturer
Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric (CASE) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.