Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
Conductive Inks & Pastes Market (Type: Silver, Copper, Polymer, Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene/Carbon, and Others; and Application: Photovoltaic Cells, Displays, Radio Frequency Identification [RFID], Printed Circuit Boards [PCBs], Biosensors, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Chemicals & Materials
- 252 Pages
Advanced Inkjet Printing Systems Enable Production of PCBs at Low Cost
Various changes are anticipated to transform the sector of printed circuit boards (PCBs) in the conductive inks & pastes market. Since the conductive inks & pastes market is dominated by a large number of small-scale players, companies are raising money through crowdfunding to manufacture machines that produce PCBs. This has helped companies to price the PCBs at much lower costs, which suits the needs of small-scale players. However, this trend is expected to change with the introduction of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines that help manufacturers to increase their output at much lower costs.
Moreover, complex inkjet printing systems are growing popular in the market for conductive inks & pastes. Companies are benefitting with the introduction of these systems, since they help in the development of multi-layer PCBs with narrow tracks that are compatible with most surface-mount devices. As such, PCBs are predicted for aggressive growth during the forecast period in the conductive inks & pastes market, with an estimated production of ~360 tons by the end of 2027.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Innovations in Wearable Technology Give Rise to Production of Electronic-On-Textile Products
The ever-increasing trend of wearable electronics is projected to generate new revenue streams for companies in the conductive inks & pastes market. Wearable technology has given rise to specialty inks that can be washed and stretched, which suits various manufacturing requirements of device companies. Companies in the conductive inks & pastes market are tapping into opportunities for ideation in printed inks that serve as an interconnect or a piezoresistive sensor on textiles.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Wearable electronics are helping manufacturers to broaden their business horizons. However, risks of electronic-on-textile products being quickly prototyped and marketed by companies pose as a challenge for leading players, since the conductive inks & pastes market is highly fragmented. Hence, leading players in the market for conductive inks & pastes are collaborating to address the issue of prototyping. This trend has helped manufacturers to test the response of consumers toward the introduction of new wearable devices.
Winning Imperatives: Fine Feature Printing and Hybrid Flexible Electronics
The trend of fine feature printing is growing popular in the market for conductive inks & pastes. Narrowing of bezels in touchscreen applications has further catalyzed the trend of fine feature printing. The conductive inks & pastes market is undergoing several transformations, since fine feature printing has enabled the development of invisible metal mesh touch film printing. As such, companies are adopting various hybrid techniques to innovate in fine feature printing. These novel techniques will help manufacturers to target applications beyond touch films to experiment in security printing and TFT (Thin-film Transistor) electrode printing.
Emergence of hybrid flexible electronics (FHE) is another key driver contributing to the growth of the conductive inks & pastes market. Companies in the market for conductive inks & pastes are making FHEs increasingly mainstream with the help of ultrathin and flexible packaged complex ICs. As such, there is a growing demand for ultrathin ICs with high input/output pin count to cater to low-temperature substrates used in FHEs.
Companies Enhance Textile Expertise to Overcome Limitations of Copper Oxidation
Analysts of Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that copper-based conductive inks and pastes are likely to penetrate various touchscreen markets. This trend is further fueled with the uptake of displays and devices with large-sized touch. However, insufficient technological learning involving copper-based conductive inks and pastes poses as a challenge for manufacturers. Thus, the conductive inks & pastes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period.
Copper-based inks are gaining popularity in the conductive inks & pastes market, owing to their cost efficiency. However, the issue of copper oxidation in several displays and devices acts as a barrier for manufacturers. Hence, companies are increasing research to improve their learning curve in copper-based pastes that offer innovation in sintering machines. Such improvements are likely to bolster market growth and boost the sales of copper-based inks.
Companies in the market landscape are leveraging opportunities in printed electronics, since the domain remains one of the largest and dynamic sectors for innovations.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Conductive Inks & Pastes Market , ask for a customized report
Since automobiles are being increasingly electrified, manufacturers in the conductive inks & pastes market are assured of opportunities in the automotive sector due to increased demand for power electronic devices. Integration of printed electronics with 3D printing is another key driver fueling market growth.
Companies are being driven to develop silver nanoparticles. However, high manufacturing cost associated with silver-based inks and pastes poses as a challenge for manufacturers. Hence, companies should enhance their learning in copper, which serves as a cost-efficient resource as compared to silver. Moreover, companies should innovate in mold electronics, since the technology is anticipated to be increasingly adopted in the near future. Mold electronics, such as curved defrosters for automotive LED lighting and wearable patches, are anticipated to generate cumulative opportunities for manufacturers.
Conductive Inks & Pastes Market: Overview
- Conductive inks and pastes conduct electricity through the ink. Conductive inks can work on various materials such as plastics, paper, or textiles.
- Currently, conductive ink is used as the core material in the electronic printing industry. It is widely applied in RFID, electronic product monitors, batteries, printed circuits, etc.
- Different sorts of conductive inks, such as silver inks, silver flakes, silver nanoparticles, and carbon nanotube inks, are used in printed and flexible electronics in various sectors such as health care, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, packaging, and display
Key Growth Drivers of Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
- Printed electronics can be used in a wide range of applications including organic photovoltaics (OPVs) and organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs)
- Conductive inks vary from metal flakes and conductive polymers to carbon materials. Conductive Ink is an integral part of printed electronics. Companies are investing in developing a variety of conductive inks and pastes to meet the rising demand for printed electronics.
- Various devices rely on the printed electronics technology for function, form, and flexibility. Being one of the highly efficient production methods, printed electronics allow for high volume, high-throughput, and cost-effective manufacturing of several products of everyday use. Henkel AG & Co. KGaA is a leading player in the formulation of specialized and cross-functional inks for use in printed electronics.
- Increase in demand for low-cost, anti-reflection coatings in LCD displays is driving the global conductive inks & pastes market. Rise in awareness about usefulness and convenience offered by printed electronics in different industries is projected to augment the global conductive inks & pastes market in the short, medium, and long term.
- Rise in usage of printed circuit boards, circuits, antennas, biosensors, sensors, touchscreens, printed heaters, and touch switches in various industries also acts as a major factor boosting the global conductive inks & pastes market
Key Challenges for Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
- High costs of silver conductive inks and pastes is a key factor hampering the global conductive inks & pastes market. Furthermore, complexities related to usage of highly conductive inks in high-end devices is a major technological challenge for the global conductive inks & pastes market.
- Market players are constantly in pursuit of integrating enhanced technologies in their products. They constantly engage in research activities in order to innovate advanced conductive inks and pastes.
- Silver is the principal conductor used in functional inks, while other low-cost solutions are also available. Carbon is often used in place of silver when high conductivity is not required, or the two can be blended together to achieve an intermittent electric resistance value.
- The factors mentioned above have been restraining the global conductive inks & pastes market over the last few years
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
- The medical sector presents significant opportunities to the 3D printing technology industry. Electronic devices need more functionality in a small space, which is fueling the demand for advanced and upgraded manufacturing techniques that integrate electronic circuitry with physical packaging. Furthermore, the ability to print electronics helps reducing device weight and size of medical devices. The usage of new and advanced 3D-printed electronic equipment in the medical sector is opening new avenues for the global conductive inks & pastes market.
- Immense opportunities are available for manufacturers of conductive inks and pastes in medical and health care sectors and research and development activities. However, use of gold and silver inks led by their potential to cater to emerging medical applications can be considered a key opportunity for the global conductive inks & pastes market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global conductive inks & pastes market in 2018, with China being the market leader in the region. Dominance of Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the constant growth of the electronics industry in India.
- Europe is anticipated to be a highly lucrative region of the conductive inks & pastes market during the forecast period. The conductive inks & pastes market in the region is driven by the rise in demand for conductive inks for usage in photovoltaic cells.
Leading Players in Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
- The global conductive inks & pastes market is highly fragmented. Major players operating in the conductive inks & pastes market are
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Vorbeck Materials Corporation, Inc.
- Intrinsiq Materials, Inc.
- Heraeus Holding GmbH
- Johnson Matthey PLC
- Creative Materials Inc.
- Applied Ink Solutions.
- Market players are developing new products to widen their consumer base. This is likely to intensify the competition in the global conductive inks & pastes market in the next few years.
Conductive Inks & Pastes Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global conductive inks & pastes market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global conductive inks & pastes market. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global conductive inks & pastes market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global conductive inks & pastes market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the clothing industry with respect to the global conductive inks & pastes market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the global conductive inks & pastes market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global conductive inks & pastes market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global conductive inks & pastes market, wherein various developments and expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
The report provides detailed information about the global conductive inks & pastes market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global conductive inks & pastes market that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which type segment of the global conductive inks & pastes market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global conductive inks & pastes market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the global conductive inks & pastes market?
- Which application segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global market for conductive inks & pastes during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Conductive Inks & Pastes Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global conductive inks & pastes market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global conductive inks & pastes market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global conductive inks & pastes market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global conductive inks & pastes market.
Conductive Inks & Pastes Market - Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global conductive inks & pastes market in terms of type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the global conductive inks & pastes market.
Others (including Gold, Nickel, and Aluminum)
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
Others (including Printed Antennas and Flexible Thin Films Batteries)
Middle East & Africa