Computer-aided engineering (CAE) is the usage of sophisticated and interactive computer software to solve engineering problems. CAE includes tools such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD), finite element analysis (FEA), and multi-body dynamics (MBD). CAE software optimizes engineering tasks. These tools are generally used to analyze the performance and robustness of assemblies and components. CAE is used in many areas, such as aviation, space, automation, and shipbuilding. With faster processing due to the use of CAE, one can save on time and achieve goals faster. Models developed in computer-aided design (CAD) and verified in CAE are entered into computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software, which controls machine tools like computer numeric control (CNC). CAE provides higher site construction standards, more sophisticated designs, and better building operation practices. Recent years have witnessed increasing adoption of computational fluid dynamics; for instance, the automotive industry have started using this tool in the designing of air cooled systems.
In recent years there has been increased partnership and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) between original CAE providers and resellers as well as between resellers. This is leading to an increase in the presence of a large number of value-added resellers (VARs), which is expected to boost the CAE market. CAE software has a wide application range and supports various tasks, such as analysis, validation, simulation, and the manufacturing of engineering products. Even though CAE is used as an analysis and troubleshooting tool, there is an opinion by critics that accurate results come late in the design cycle; this is expected to restrain the growth of the CAE market. Also, open source solutions (i.e., those for which the source code is available with a license) are readily available in the market.
Consequently, companies avoid making investments in obtaining the commercial licenses of CAE solutions, which is expected to hamper the growth of CAE market. A rise in the adoption of computational fluid dynamics, which helps in reducing the cost of electric vehicles and the prediction of thermal conditions, is expected to create a growth opportunity for the CAE market during the forecast period.
The global CAE market is segmented on the basis of CAE tools, end use, and region. In terms of CAE tools, the market can be segmented into computational fluid dynamics (CFD), finite element analysis (FEA), and multi-body dynamics (MBD) tools. The market is also classified on the basis of end use into electronics and electrical, defense, aerospace, automobile, and industrial machinery. The market segments on the basis of geographical regions are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East and Africa (MEA). Asia Pacific is expected to lead the CAE market owing to the increasing adoption of CAE tools and the emergence of large number of manufacturing industries in the region.
Industry participants leading the CAE market with the most significant developments are Dassault Systemes, Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc., CD-adapco, Altair Engineering, Inc., AspenTechnology, Inc., Mentor Graphics, Inc., MSC Software Corporation, Computational Engineering International Inc., ESI Group, Bentley Systems Incorporated, and Exa Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.